• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    In the pub last weekend I spotted the 'inglorious basterds' DVD right next to the 'inglorious bastards' DVD, which pricked my interest. It's a different story, but seemingly influenced Tarantino in his version. I haven't watched it yet so can't comment on its merit, but it does explain why the Tarantino one is spelt wrong.

Edit: linky - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inglorious_Bastards
    And, having watched both the Bastards and the Basterds, I can confirm that it's a win for Tarantino. The 1978 film is very much of it's time - think Carry On Von Ryan's Express. Not awful, certainly worthy of the post-sunday-lunch slot, but nothing to build a night around.

Comment

Morning all Clear blue skies this morning for a lovely dog walk. Due to the wonders of time zones, Japan don't do a "summer time", so the 9am meeting is now 10am
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, and it seems fairly warm too

I've clearly done something terrible in a previous life as my new Blu-ray player is being delivered by Yodel. I need to stay alert if I'm to make it down to the front door before they've given it away to a passing tramp or thrown it through the door of the 104 bus or something

Comment

Had to schlep into Client Co today, as I have a new, to me, PC.

It has just taken me 2 billable hours loading all the software
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If I was thinking of changing my car, the car I use to drive to client sites, is it an acceptable thing to sit in a meeting and try to price one up, particularly when they are talking about stuff of zero interest to me?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              If I was thinking of changing my car, the car I use to drive to client sites, is it an acceptable thing to sit in a meeting and try to price one up, particularly when they are talking about stuff of zero interest to me?
              Only if you want to put yourself at risk of not having a clue about the question that they ask you, which they'll invariably do by simply adding the clause " and what do you think WTFH?" at the end. At which point, you're shafted.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I do that often but it helps people have different levels of English.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If the meeting is of zero interest to me, or does not directly concern my deliverables, I don't turn up.

HTH
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    If the meeting is of zero interest to me, or does not directly concern my deliverables, I don't turn up.

HTH
                    The first 5 minutes were of interest. 10 minutes after they had finished, one of the better managers said that he didn't think half of us were needed on the call, so we left.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X