• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yawn!
    Lot of it about

I forgot to fill the car up after going to my parents' on Sunday, and now don't have enough petrol to go to ClientCo tomorrow, so I'll have to take the car out again. The good news is that the petrol station is a few doors up the road; the bad news is that due to the one way system, I have to drive all round the houses to get back again afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      No, just the county border, which is at the point where I join the M1 - just after the 300 yard marker at the end of the A14, to be precise
      Ah yes, I know it well. Used to head down the M62/M1/A14/M11 when I had a flat in east London. Have they finished the roadworks round that junction yet?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Ah yes, I know it well. Used to head down the M62/M1/A14/M11 when I had a flat in east London. Have they finished the roadworks round that junction yet?
        Yes, it's finally done and hugely improved - new slip with no traffic lights leaving the M1 to join the A14, and the other way, a new slip right over the top to get on to the M1 northbound

Comment

Yes, it's finally done and hugely improved - new slip with no traffic lights leaving the M1 to join the A14, and the other way, a new slip right over the top to get on to the M1 northbound
          That sounds much better. Can you also get straight from the M6 to the A14 without traffic lights?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            That sounds much better. Can you also get straight from the M6 to the A14 without traffic lights?
            Yes, and the other way too. You can't get from the A14 to the M1 south any more, nor can you get from the M6 to the M1 north. Not sure what the best way of doing the former is, but for the latter you'd be better off taking the M69 anyway unless you were going to Lutterworth, which nobody does.

Comment

That's the petrol got. Now to start thinking about feeding myself. It'll be something out of the freezer, but I haven't decided what yet…

Comment

Firefox and Chrome have removed support for old-style browser plugins (except for Flash):

Mozilla to Drop Support for All NPAPI Plugins in Firefox 52, Except Flash
                Where to download the last Chrome version with Java (NPAPI) support?

so it's probably that
                That was exactly it - installed Firefox ESR version 52 this evening and it works a treat. There's a Chrome add on to do it but you have to enquire about licence costs and that might involve talking to someone.

I'll stick with Firefox instead.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  That was exactly it - installed Firefox ESR version 52 this evening and it works a treat. There's a Chrome add on to do it but you have to enquire about licence costs and that might involve talking to someone.

I'll stick with Firefox instead.
                  According to https://blog.mozilla.org/futurerelea...ns-in-firefox/ Oracle themselves posted some stuff back in 2015 (https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platfo...ctives_and_the, Applet Development Guide) advising people to move away from the Java plugin; seems like they need to circulate it internally

Comment

Tea has been boeuf bourguignon, frozen three weeks ago yesterday according to my hastily-scrawled label, along with potato croquettes and petits pois - a trifecta of things with French names, which is unusual for me

Comment

I strongly suspect I'm coming down with some kind of lurgy. Nose is slightly bunged up, throat is slightly sore, I got a bit shivery when I popped out to the bins a few minutes ago, and there's a weird achiness settled in across my shoulders

Ah well, just got to get through two more days and I can have a rest. I should get an early night though; try to nip it in the bud. Hopefully the bourguignon, which was made with some real vegetable matter such as carrot and celery as well as beef, wine, and (frozen) herbs, will have some miraculous healing properties

Comment

Working...
                      X