• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following the cricket club AGM at which I got voted in as the secretary for another year, it's TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After a little Danish stuff, I watched Die Hard 4, which was called Live Free or Die Hard in the US. Fun fact: although the version available via iTunes in the UK has the 4 title, Apple haven't adjusted the metadata, in which it retains the American title, and thus sorts way out of its apparent order in the Movies list on the Apple TV

Anyway, it was the usual hokum, and none the worse for that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Exercise done

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Exercise done
              So have I. I drank a cup of tea. Now back to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So have I. I drank a cup of tea. Now back to bed.
                I haven't showered yet...

Comment

Just popped tot he local corner shop for a loaf. I don't often visit for, although he's a nice guy, it's a corner shop and doesn't stock a huge range nor have too great prices though it's handy in these circumstances. Whilst there I had a glance at his beer selection and was idly musing how he was managing to sell Rigwelter for £1.50 a bottle, and eyeing a christmas ale from Shepherd Neme that was similarly priced but 7% abv. Along he comes and points out some other offers, then volunteers that the £1.50 bottles were short dated (unlikely to be an issue, especially at that strength) but they were also 2 for £2.50, and that the christmas one he'd let go, to me, at £1 a bottle. Needless to say he's gone right up in my estimations - next time I visit i'll take a wheelbarrow

Comment

You need to do your duty and shop at the corner shop more often as he may be hit by business rate rises.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You need to do your duty and shop at the corner shop more often as he may be hit by business rate rises.
                      It's gone through a bit of a revamp in recent years. 15 years ago it was run down, but had some decent choice. About 5 years ago it was just full of polish lager, even more run down and the family totally disinterested in anything but the hindi channel on the telly behind the counter. Now it's been turned into a go-local and given a diy revamp and is better. Good point re business rates, i'll shift that ale to help him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X