• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get my act together and head off to the pub

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      At the pub. Not puss wet through this year either. Cheers all
      Back home with a cup of tea...

I think my boozing for the year might be done. Depressing thought.

Comment

Very quiet in the pub tonight. They don't do anything big so it doesn't draw huge crowds any year, but it's even quieter than usual so far. Still, I brought along a book on the history of Windows NT and the music is all late Seventiesish classics (Psychedelic Furs right now), so I'm rather enjoying it

Comment

Years pass, and years begin, but TPD goes on forever

Happy New Year denizens!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Years pass, and years begin, but TPD goes on forever

Happy New Year denizens!
            Happy New Year to one and all too
            Join IPSE

Comment

Boney M blasting out in the pub now. Brings back memories of scooting around in my mate's Morris Minor with their Greatest Hits blasting from the ghetto blaster on the back seat

Comment

Happy New Year
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Happy new year.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just remembered that when, in conversation over Christmas dinner, I mentioned Timothy West walking past one day as I was hanging around at the front door of Capital Radio on Leicester Square, my dad said that he'd been in one of his plays at the BBC. And here it is on the BBC Genome site: THE MUSIC BOX - BBC Home Service Basic - 11 June 1963 - BBC Genome

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Vivian
                      You don't get many of those around here it must be said, though I have met an indigenous Tarquin or was it a Quentin?

Many years ago now.

Last evening, having failed to get past 10 minutes in with HGWMV, we progressed to "The Lady in the Van" which was a bit dicey in parts, thereafter proceeding to view "The Gauntlet" which was suitably mindless but in a good way, though the ending was a bit odd.

I'm sure there's a scene cut from the dvd which explains stuff rather more graphically, but it's 40 years since I saw it in the kinema so that may just be a phantom memory.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3722070/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076070/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Comment

Working...
                      X