• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    And to make things worse I'm on the cattle class train. It's full of coughing oiks and their inconsequential phone calls. Worse still, I'll be in Liverpool soon
    Peasant class to Liverpool. I thought the 20 minutes a week I spend on trains to and from Blackpool were bad enough...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Peasant class to Liverpool. I thought the 20 minutes a week I spend on trains to and from Blackpool were bad enough...
      If he is lucky enough to have a seat, I hope he has bought something suitable to sit on
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks for your concern guys. It's TPX so relative luxury. No first class seats were bookable on the out leg but they've been sourced for the rest of the year.

It took 3 hours to get home last week. It's 1 hour 20 on the train. It *should* be a no-brainer..

Comment

Thanks for your concern guys. It's TPX so relative luxury. No first class seats were bookable on the out leg but they've been sourced for the rest of the year.

It took 3 hours to get home last week. It's 1 hour 20 on the train. It *should* be a no-brainer..
          Yeh, relative to what? You still ride vehicles on rails that belong on the road up there
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well when you get a cold it ain't from any of us.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Yeh, relative to what? You still ride vehicles on rails that belong on the road up there
              Relative to Northern Rail. Trust me, it's chalk and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Miss V the third assured me tonight that she loved Daddy and that she is a very good tree in Yoga (yep they have nursery kids doing Yoga). She has an ear infection so is very cuddly.

Miss V the second managed to stay awake long enough to give me a cuddle. She gets up early to catch the bus to her school.

Miss V the first assured me that I was completely unreasonable apparently using the entire hot water tank is a human right. My wife failed to anticipate her profligacy and put the hot water on for the whole evening. That is teens for you.

I think Miss V I is the closest match in age to yours Brillo.
                Thanks vetran - made me smile

CovToddler is currently quite firmly in the terrible twos. He goes between being charming and cuddly (with me, Mummy, bears or anyone who he knows) one minute and screaming the house down the next. At present I can hear the words "no" and "mine" being employed as Mrs Covbob tries to get a net full of tangerines away from him. Bedtimes can be similar - some nights fine, last night he was plainly ready to sleep but spent 45 minutes complaining loudly about it.

It's knackering and great at the same time. On Saturday we went to visit the market at Southwell. Having spent last weekend (and Mrs Covbob during the week) chanting "we're near a road, I need you to hold my hand because it's dangerous" followed by needing to grab a wrist or stand and wait for it to sink in, I was dead chuffed when after saying "we're near a road" a little hand was presented and grasped my fingers without prompting. Moments like that make me think we're winning, gradually.

Anyway, happy Dad spam over.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, with cloud low enough that it's probably foggy out in the countryside - I think the buildings hereabouts prop it up so at least the road outside can be seen

Comment

Someone screwed up a data load and then confirmed it was all done.

2/3rds of the data I've spent the last 3 days creating is wrong and needs to be redone.....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Someone screwed up a data load and then confirmed it was all done.

2/3rds of the data I've spent the last 3 days creating is wrong and needs to be redone.....
                      Reminds me of a terrible project I was on where not only was there no data warehouse, but a replicated OLTP was being by "hand" loaded, by expensive consultancy resource, using spreadsheets.

After being told all week, try and run your report now and consistently getting no results, due to the many tables in the query not joining.

In the end I went ballistic and told the guy not to come back and speak to me "until he had run the fecking SQL himself and got results first"
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X