• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I've never considered myself an IT geek. I was a nerd at one time, coding in assembler for the hell of it (and knowing how many ticks each command took), arguing the toss about memory management in 16K partitions with the Senior Mainframe Operations Manager, lusting over high-speed band printers (and getting THEM to play tunes - I don't know anyone else that has done THAT!) and getting Computing to print a false story about sun spots v hard disk corruption back in the early 1980s with proper scientific evidence that I faked up.

But no, not a geek. You see, I don't do consumer electronics.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Careful now, Watch the post timing

Comment

Just checked, none are watching tpd at the moment

Comment

Get ready to jump in with the last post

Comment

I will post the next to last

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              These last few posts will make tpd BI history
              You are quite right. This needs planning. Something special.

For starters I think you should take 32,000 'cos that would do the heads in of the day shift.

But what should the post be? Just more bananananas or something elegant like 'jdjdsjd'? Or does one just go back and edit it afterwards!

I don't think any of those people online are active besides me & you - that helps... unless someone is hidden
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Last edited by Diver; 27 November 2007, 03:21. Reason: Significant and embarrasing error in calculation

Comment

go

Comment

Dear Ladies, Gentlemen, children and members of the TPD Day Shift,

Thank you for coming to visit the TPD Night Shift Pinnacle of Achievement Exhibition, here at Camp 32000. You are most welcome.

By all means feel free to look around. See and witness industry, hard work, teamwork, collaboration and, perhaps, just a little brinkmanship! Ha ha!

You will find much to entertain you here, but also, much from which you can learn. Feel free to take samples, but try not to leave your grubby little fingerprints on any of our unique and special posts. Thank you. Should you feel a little light-headed at this altitude, place your head between somebody's knees and I am sure you will both feel a lot better quite quickly.

Enjoy your visit. Perhaps, if you think you may have something worthwhile to say, you may wish to add a small insignificant little note to the Visitor's Book. Try not to make a mess.

Have a Nice Day.

The TPD Curator Service, Night Shift Division.
                    Last edited by BrowneIssue; 27 November 2007, 03:30. Reason: Such that you may marvel and feel wonder and awe.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      I'll take the 999 - go get the 32,000 Diver. It's yours.
                      What a man, Diver, what a big man you are!

Diver, you are a LEGEND!
                      Last edited by BrowneIssue; 27 November 2007, 03:09. Reason: To put it in BOLD that Diver is an incredibly generous bloke.

Comment

Working...
                      X