• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    We do use it a lot, in fact we spend a lot of time in Bristol, where I believe you live, Nick?
    Originally posted by covbob View Post
    I think NF lives in Leicester, but could be misremembering.
    WCBS

I gigged in Bristol for a while about ten years ago, but my only visit since than was to see The Rutles playing at the Fleece the other year

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Well there we go - back to the bench.

Lasted a week before the client realised that they'd brought me in during a panic and hadn't properly weighed up their workload vs the resources they have in-house. The result was me sitting around trying to look busy with not much to do.

Doesn't bother me too much - I can now think about some time off before Christmas. I'd rather twiddle my thumbs at home than at ClientCo.
      Easy come, easy go

Plenty of time to think about gigs once the festering season is over

Comment

The new telly is finally set up, though it complained a bit about not having a TV signal of any kind. But it's come to terms with having an Apple TV and Blu-ray player for now

As for the picture - well, it was worth saving up Blue Planet II for this occasion

The soundbar and telly are supposed to be able to link together automatically over Bluetooth, using some proprietary Samsung protocol or other. Naturally, this didn't work

After various attempts at sorting it out, I was deep in the telly's "expert" configuration options wondering why the menu option detailed on the Samsung help page I was reading on my phone wasn't there, when suddenly the telly popped up a box saying "Hey, look, there's a soundbar there! I could use that, you know. Should I do that, do you think? Would that be a good idea?" or words to that general effect. Now we'll see how long the pairing lasts. I suspect I may be ordering an optical cable off Amazon before too long

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          WCBS

I gigged in Bristol for a while about ten years ago, but my only visit since than was to see The Rutles playing at the Fleece the other year
          I've lost it........finally .

I'm going to cash in all my, previously hard earned, CUK luncheon vouchers in a vain attempt to redeem myself
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Mrs. who does all our driving is still driving her Mums old Honda.
              Funny.....has only let us down once in the last 5 years, when the alarm got stuck on and drained the battery.

We do use it a lot, in fact we spend a lot of time in Bristol, where I believe you live, Nick?
              We love Bristol, top place, al ot of friends and family there, in fact reminds me of what Brighton used to be, I lived there for years and years

Currently in Crystal Palace, which, at the very least, has a bit of an independent feel about it.

The "Beards" keep chasing me away from the places I have enjoyed living, I lived right next to Victoria Park in East London fr 10 years, prior to the hipster and yummy mummy invasion
              I thought Crystal Palace was full of hipsters. Well some of the people I've met who live there fit the description.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all
                Night
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I thought Crystal Palace was full of hipsters. Well some of the people I've met who live there fit the description.
                  You are indeed correct, as previously stated, the bearded folk follow me everywhere
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You are indeed correct, as previously stated, the bearded folk follow me everywhere
                    "Trendsetter" is the technical term

The obvious thing to do is to buy as much cheap property in need of renovation as you can when you move into an area, and get it dolled up just in time for the arrival of the legion of the hirsute

Comment

Just went for a pre-bed piss and, when I went to flush, the handle snapped off and flew across the room

Better learn some plumbing tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X