• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork shoulder is in, started nice and high, the crackling is already puffing up nicely .

Then turned down to 130 degrees (fan).

Then the waiting game, 4-5 hours
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

small cheque has been paid in. Town was hell as 2 schools have decided to have Black Friday as a "Staff Training" Day..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I now have a large box (the one the microwave/combi oven came in) stuffed to the gills with smaller boxes, like a fractal box, ready to go to the tip on my way to do the shopping. I could put them all in the recycling but they'd just about fill that bin, which seems a little unfair on the neighbours who also have to use it.

And my new 4K telly plus soundbar, both highly spoken of by Which? (do they still use the question mark in their branding? They did back in the Seventies) has been ordered for delivery tomorrow. I decided to go for the free delivery, carrying though it does the risk of it arriving at seven in the morning, rather than pay nearly fifteen quid to guarantee arrival at a more civilised time

Comment

Shopping has been cancelled, as the traffic out of town was already ridiculous by the time I left the tip at about ten past four

Comment

Complaint yesterday - this bit of data is missing. So I make it mandatory.

Today - this field is now mandatory - it shouldn't be...

Hmm may I refer you to yesterday....

But but but but

may I refer you to yesterday and the fact you discovered the issue after all the other items had gone out... It has to be mandatory otherwise you are creating the same problem again.

Less than 4 weeks left. I can no longer suffer this set of fools..

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Complaint yesterday - this bit of data is missing. So I make it mandatory.

Today - this field is now mandatory - it shouldn't be...

Hmm may I refer you to yesterday....

But but but but

may I refer you to yesterday and the fact you discovered the issue after all the other items had gone out... It has to be mandatory otherwise you are creating the same problem again.

Less than 4 weeks left. I can no longer suffer this set of fools..
              "We want it to be mandatory except when it isn't"
              Last edited by NickFitz; 25 November 2016, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                "We want it to be mandatory except when it isn't"
                It's funnier than that someone's removed the change without telling me.

So we have how did you do it? - Two answers are possibly - both wrong.

Did you test it? How did you know I hadn't changed something else...

It's a can of worms I'm going to be able to milk all next week - simply because no-one picked up the phone and asked me...

Comment

Just realised I'd misread, and the new telly will be delivered on Sunday, not tomorrow; still any time from 7am onwards

And, to add to the irritation, the soundbar is categorised as a "small item" and will therefore be delivered separately… tomorrow. Any time from 8am

Ah well, it's not as if I like lying in on the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just realised I'd misread, and the new telly will be delivered on Sunday, not tomorrow; still any time from 7am onwards

And, to add to the irritation, the soundbar is categorised as a "small item" and will therefore be delivered separately… tomorrow. Any time from 8am

Ah well, it's not as if I like lying in on the weekend
                    If you get up they will come at 2pm. If you sleep in they will come at 5 minutes to the hour.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      If you get up they will come at 2pm. If you sleep in they will come at 5 minutes to the hour.
                      As ever, the profanisaurus has wisdom to offer us on this phenomenon:

summoning Parcelforce:
                      n. The act of going for a gypsy's kiss, tom tit or a Sherman tank, or any other activity that leaves you incapable of getting to your front door in the three nanoseconds it takes for a Royal Mail Delivery operative to tickle your door with a hummingbird feather and ram a card through the letterbox saying “Sorry we missed you”.

Comment

Working...
                      X