• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good night
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all
      Morning

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Good night
      Goodnight

Back at the hotel, with vague hopes of being among the first down for breakfast in the morning. Nothing worse than having to wait for more bacon, but hitting the buffet as the first batch of bacon is being brought out is always a win

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

First in for breakfast, by a whisker

Looks like it'll be quite a nice day. Tide's in

Comment

Morning
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I finished breakfast and got up to go back to my room, whereupon the fire alarm went off.

The hotel staff were clearly familiar with the noise, but only in the sense that they obviously assumed it was a false alarm and made no attempt to evacuate people, instead dithering around by reception trying to find somebody in authority to tell them to ignore it

Said somebody did appear, and instead told them they had to assume it was real, so I (also dithering around) went outside, closely followed by a crowd which hadn't yet had its breakfast, or at least not all of it

It's starting out as a nice sunny day now, though a bit chilly on the prom without a coat. Anyway, before it got too crowded out there the alarm was turned off and we were let back in. As there was a queue for the lift (including some people taking it back to the gym, one floor down in the basement…) I took the stairs back up to the third floor, where I encountered a number of people milling about in dressing gowns and pyjamas, still unsure if it had been a false alarm or an event so catastrophic that the alarm itself had been destroyed. I left them to dither as they seemed to be coming to a consensus that going back to bed was the best plan

Comment

Morning all, a bright, brisk and sunny one it is too.

Plus it's Friday, and the tulip show of an incident from yesterday has been handed to the ops guys to manage so I can sit back and
                Last edited by DaveB; 11 November 2016, 09:54.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all - bright and sunny if a bit chilly here.

Day 1 on the bench begins.

Comment

NF - the rumour vine tells me that the Criterion has shut down and is up for sale. Pity if it's true as that was a decent drinking establishment. Any news from our man on the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      NF - the rumour vine tells me that the Criterion has shut down and is up for sale. Pity if it's true as that was a decent drinking establishment. Any news from our man on the ground?

I was in there about a month ago and all seemed well. I'll ask around; very sad news if it's true

Comment

Working...
                      X