• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventured into the town for the first time this gig. Result: Greggs steak bake for lunch

Comment

Hello Strangers

Hi there

How's tricks?
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Ventured into the town for the first time this gig. Result: Greggs steak bake for lunch
        Have you tried their new 'healthy' Chicken Katsu Pasty/Bake thingies? You have to make sure you get some filling in each bite but they're not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Hi there

How's tricks?
          Hi

Been a while

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Have you tried their new 'healthy' Chicken Katsu Pasty/Bake thingies? You have to make sure you get some filling in each bite but they're not bad.
            Nope - that's the first time I've been in a Greggs in a few months

Comment

At the hotel

Quite a nice evening out there, though of course it'll have turned into a nice night by the time I head off for my dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                "It's like foreign keys; look at all the problems they cause."

This was part of the conversation that ensued when I pointed out a race condition waiting to happen in the codebase, which was ultimately dismissed on the grounds that it worked round the weird idea they have that primary keys can't be relied on, and is unlikely to happen very often

I know it's only an internal app that won't be used by many people, but still. Also, the only arguments I've ever heard suggesting that primary keys can be a problem are to do with sharding data across multiple database servers, which is hardly likely to be necessary in this case; so why not just do it right?

Comment

Better get my act together and head down the pub for dinner

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Nice pint at the local...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X