• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    While there is months of work still to do here my contract is up in 2 weeks and I have no actual confirmation of renewal yet.

No-one that I work with is in the office today (all working from home) and the PM hasn't been polite enough to tell me. I also haven't got the means to work from home (well I have but not within the utterly daft data security rules and I'm following them to the letter for laffs).

So I think my decision is made. Let's leave them in the lurch (unprofessional to an extent I know) and see if I can find something else next week. I'll keep my options up though until the contracts appear...
    Would you stay if offered? Or you want something back closer to home
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Would you stay if offered? Or you want something back closer to home
      Prior to yesterday (even prior to today) I probably would have done (being more professional than the cowboy consultancies before me).

After today I'm not sure - the easy option is get something else and just say sorry too late - I did warn you.

The question really is, shall I just take some time off regardless....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Good apart from dealing with the project of doom.

Doom as in the end result is getting rid of people. Project is fine apart from having to deal with a programme manager who is a complete c*** but thankfully they are based in another country. Apart from that have a nice project team.

How's you?
        Worth going back a bit to find my story about yesterday morning. I think its putting a few things in perspective including how utterly beyond tulip this current clientco is...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Right the story of this morning/

Going back to yesterday I witnessed and reported a not very good attempt at fare dodging to the ticket inspectors - the lady has been doing it for weeks but I finally worked out exactly what she was doing.

So this morning I wandered to the station to catch the train expecting to be verbally assaulted by said fare dodger (its going to happen at some point may as well get on it over with). What I wasn't expecting however was for her partner (who is always in a car at the station lay-by) to follow 30 seconds behind her and headbutt me a few times....

Cue a trip via Ambulance to A&E which was then changed to clientco followed by 2 visits to the Transport Police station in Preston....
          Oh dear! Hope you're ok.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Four more hours

I'm in desperate need of a weekend. Or a couple of months. Yes, that's the one. Ah well, probably only nine more weeks to go

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Four more hours

I'm in desperate need of a weekend. Or a couple of months. Yes, that's the one. Ah well, probably only nine more weeks to go
              Oh dear!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Four more hours

Will probably knock it on the head in an hour or so.

Got a long weekend in a couple of weeks, off to film midgets and taunt American tourists in Bruges
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Four more hours

How bad is the current client?

If it's any consolation, I've got to put up with the c*** for another 15 months.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    How bad is the current client?

If it's any consolation, I've got to put up with the c*** for another 15 months.
                    Client is fine; it's the travelling that's getting to me

Comment

Just collected a little treat for myself.

For the money its a lot of phone for not very much. May well switch away from Apple for a while as I do every so often...

Comment

Working...
                      X