• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Just had a reply from prospective agent about the next contract (as this one is finishing in three weeks): offered, and at £200 per day more than my current rate. Boom!

Now over to Qdos to do their thing.

Comment

Bikefit today. Either the guy is a genius, or he's a snakeoil salesman. Will see what the next few weeks bring, backwise.

He was quite fit though - I was wishing that a) I wasn't sweaty from cycling 20 miles to get to him, and b) I'd shaved my legs.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Bikefit today. Either the guy is a genius, or he's a snakeoil salesman. Will see what the next few weeks bring, backwise.

He was quite fit though - I was wishing that a) I wasn't sweaty from cycling 20 miles to get to him, and b) I'd shaved my legs.
        If you shave your legs you will be 20 seconds faster on a 112 mile cycle...

Comment

Pork chop, chips, and beans for dinner

The Maris Pipers from Sainsbury's Local are from Essex; and a very fine chip they make

The chops were M&S thick-cut ones from the freezer. Normally you can cut between them and leave one frozen in its shrink wrap, but these two were so mighty that they were squashed against each other on the tray, so I had to defrost and cook them both. But I managed to resist the temptation to eat them both, too

Comment

Quote from a 1990s documentary about the building of the Jubilee Line extension, on iPlayer: "It's a technique called NATM, which stands for the New Austrian Tunnelling Method. It's neither new nor Austrian; but that's what it's called."

Comment

TFBSZ. In at 7 for weekly change slot tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If you shave your legs you will be 20 seconds faster on a 112 mile cycle...
                You sound like a Brit Olympic coach - marginal gains.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Where is Ziety?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

What method did he use? The high tech ones tend to use the Reutul system that uses markers on joints etc to measure your movements and position on the bike.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Where is Ziety?
                      We don't know

Comment

Working...
                      X