• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-ZeitZenChuryOm(tm).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Home!

Not a bad run, though local traffic was bad. But there seems to have been an accident outbound from the city causing massive delays in that direction. Was passed by an ambulance and then a paramedic car going that way, so somebody's having a bad evening

Comment

Still in clientco trying to fix things someone broke about 4 months ago...

If this works it properly fixed though

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Zeitflounce? He seems to have replaced all of his posts in the last month with "..."

His last message was "Time to go & take my xenophobic views with me. Byeeee" - what was that all about?
          He started a thread in General which degenerated the way they do, and accusations of xenophobia were thrown about. But I don't think they were actually aimed at him, though I don't know

Hopefully he'll come back before too long. He's taken a break before and come back. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Still in clientco trying to fix things someone has broken...
            Some charts I've been generating have been showing weird anomalies. Only yesterday was it mentioned that the dataset my code is being handed hasn't actually been ordered at the time it arrives, which rather screws up my generation of deltas of values across days

Code:
            deltas = [v1-v0 for v0, v1 in zip(data[:-1], data[1:])] # rather depends on the data being ordered

Comment

ms#4 home from Bangladesh. Sounds like she had a good and productive trip. She says it was a bit weird in that people just stared - but if you caught their eye and smiled at them, their expressions didn't alter - no acknowledgement or smile back. But all in all a good trip - mozzies not a problem, factories were pretty decent, hotel was nice, and the people they dealt with friendly and hospitable.

Comment

When I drove past the chippy on Saturday morning it looked like it was all ready to go, with a brand new sign and what have you. So I wandered down there for dinner tonight, only to find it hasn't re-opened yet

So I went over the road to the Chinese instead, where I was greeted with cries of mock incredulity for being there on the wrong night, with even the chef poking her head out from the kitchen to join in

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  ms#4 home from Bangladesh. Sounds like she had a good and productive trip. She says it was a bit weird in that people just stared - but if you caught their eye and smiled at them, their expressions didn't alter - no acknowledgement or smile back. But all in all a good trip - mozzies not a problem, factories were pretty decent, hotel was nice, and the people they dealt with friendly and hospitable.
                  Sounds like a good trip

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    When I drove past the chippy on Saturday morning it looked like it was all ready to go, with a brand new sign and what have you. So I wandered down there for dinner tonight, only to find it hasn't re-opened yet

So I went over the road to the Chinese instead, where I was greeted with cries of mock incredulity for being there on the wrong night, with even the chef poking her head out from the kitchen to join in
                    We've got a new chippy opening in the local parade very soon - looking forward to giving it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      We've got a new chippy opening in the local parade very soon - looking forward to giving it a try.
                      Hope it lasts longer than the one by my parents. It was closed down after a week for breaking building regs..

Could be worse the other one in a village was empty for years then someone took it over. They spent a fortune getting new equipment then opened for a total of 1 night. No one has a clue what happened..

Comment

Working...
                      X