• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 08:08.

Comment

It's the Caribbean Carnival today. This marks something like my thirtieth successive year of not going to it

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
        You might consider partitioning that area into two floors to double your rental income.
        You miss the good food.

Mind you last time I had curry and rice I was hallucinating....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You miss the good food.

Mind you last time I had curry and rice I was hallucinating....
          I shall assume you were replying to me, and that other quote got in there by accident (the first digit of the post number has gone missing somehow)

It's true, the food is good by all accounts; but many of the vendors are from here anyway, as there's a pretty large Afro-Caribbean diaspora (hence the carnival), so I can always go to a café/restaurant/bar where I can get the same thing without having to mingle with tens of thousands of people under the baking sun in the park

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 08:07.

Comment

Comment

The Huddersfield food and drink festival is also on this weekend. Featuring, much as NF describes, the usual pubs and curry houses selling their wares from tents in front of the station. I hear there are some frenchies selling moules though, which is out of the ordinary and may well tempt me to visit tomorrow afternoon

Comment

In other more mundane news, my glasses appear to be missing. They're not on the top of my head btw

Comment

Sorting the kitchen out so I can get NewFridge™ in situ is a bit too much like manual labour for a warm day like today

It's too wide to go where the one they took away was, so the washing machine has now got plenty of room to spread out and relax. I've decided I'm going to (eventually) put a new cupboard in a space that's a bit alcove-y where there's no electricity supply, as that will allow me to rip out an existing unit which is falling to bits anyway, and which is taking up a prime spot by a double electrical outlet which currently never gets used because of said unit being in the way. It's just the right size (I think) for the fridge and soon-to-be-purchased freezer to go in

But first, there's the small matter of taking two 17" CRT monitors and three turn-of-the-century PC towers to the tip, along with a tea trolley on which one of said monitors has been sitting for years, and two bins I've never used but for some reason have never got round to disposing of (they were here when I moved in); and other oddments, such as a rusty wok.

Once that lot's gone, I can get the fridge into its short-term position where it'll slightly block access to the offending unit, but will at least be able to reach a plug.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X