• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How is north wales?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sorted my entertainment out for Saturday as Mrs Eek and co are away for the weekend..

Sql Saturday followed by CRM Saturday. At the end of that I will have done enough learning for the month...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Evening Scourer

Comment

In other news Mrs Eek completed her run last night in 46 minutes (which given the hills in Durham is a miracle)...

She only remembers being overtaken by Hello Kitty, a monk and Steve Cram (there probably was more but I have no details )..... She's pointed out she is raising money for some equipment for the disabled Brownies in her Brownie Unit so I better put the link here

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/...20160721_77538
            Last edited by eek; 21 July 2016, 19:14.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              In other news Mrs Eek completed her run last night in 46 minutes (which given the hills in Durham is a miracle)...

She only remembers being overtaken by Hello Kitty, a monk and Steve Cram (there probably was more but I have no details )..... She's pointed out she is raising money for some equipment for the disabled Brownies in her Brownie Unit so I better put the link here

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/...20160721_77538

Comment

Few spots of rain just then, but it was only because I was taking the rubbish out to the bin.

Seriously, the first few spots fell as I went out the back door, and now I'm back inside, it's stopped. How does it know?

Comment

The fridge bit of the ancient and utterly decrepit fridge-freezer isn't coping well with this warmth. I've just removed a load of stuff very much the consistency of snow from the plate in the back of the fridge compartment that does the cooling, but I don't know if it'll make much difference. Looks like that's another appliance that needs replacing sooner rather than later

I think I'll wait until the cooker is all sorted out first, though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The fridge bit of the ancient and utterly decrepit fridge-freezer isn't coping well with this warmth. I've just removed a load of stuff very much the consistency of snow from the plate in the back of the fridge compartment that does the cooling, but I don't know if it'll make much difference. Looks like that's another appliance that needs replacing sooner rather than later

I think I'll wait until the cooker is all sorted out first, though.
                    I hope you hit as lucky on ebay as I did.... This is where the new £130 (rather than £550) red fridge came from

elekdirect | eBay

They will deliver on Sunday as well....

edit - and thanks for the donation...
                    Last edited by eek; 21 July 2016, 19:53.

Comment

Now I'm off thinking about how to get the kitchen sorted out. There's two fridge freezers (one defunct) and a fridge to get rid of. Also, there's a bed settee from the living room that was here when I came, but which turns out not to be wanted by the landlord any more than by me, so that can go too.

Everything has to go out the door of the flat, along a little stretch of narrowish corridor, do a 180 round a corner that includes three steps, then down a flight of stairs; and then either out the front down the path to a road you can't park on (pedestrian crossing outside) or out the back, which is even more awkward (narrow alley and gate down the side of the old stable). Whether front or back, it has to end up on a side road several houses away, because of parking.

I think I'll hire one of those outfits which sends men with a van to take stuff away. I'll be lucky not to break my back if I try to shift it all myself

Comment

Working...
                      X