• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    But that was before icebergs killing people through ignorance.
    Talking of Icebergs, I was reading some Churchill writings today. He seemed quite put out the Pykrete never took off (pun intended).

Project Habakkuk was a plan by the British during the Second World War to construct an aircraft carrier out of pykrete (a mixture of wood pulp and ice) for use against German U-boats in the mid-Atlantic, which were beyond the flight range of land-based planes at that time. The idea came from Geoffrey Pyke, who worked for Combined Operations Headquarters.
    Linky

Comment

My roast chicken dinner was utterly delicious

Getting dark out now. So much for summer

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Talking of Icebergs, I was reading some Churchill writings today. He seemed quite put out the Pykrete never took off (pun intended).

Linky
        Pyke! Just thought - perhaps the problem was his idea came up against a real life Mainwaring

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          My roast chicken dinner was utterly delicious

Getting dark out now. So much for summer
          Never mind, soon be time to discard salad and enjoy soups, stews, jumpers and wellies

Comment

Never mind, soon be time to discard salad and enjoy soups, stews, jumpers and wellies
            I discarded salad around the time my mother weaned me onto solid food, and remain convinced that my decision was the right one

Comment

Gosh. Got to the penultimate ep of S6 "Castle".

And random eps of NCIS from assorted seasons as might be found on the multiple channels it appears on all at the same time.

It can get quite confusing.

There was an ep of "Hoarders" on CBS Reality that was pretty eye opening.

Didn't much much of it, but one of the, er, "stars" was a chap who'd recently lost his alcoholic epileptic gf in tragic circumstances.

His house was very close to Trebusville.

Happily it got sorted a bit.

<Zeity looks at the mess surrounding him & thinks a bit>

Comment

What is this "soon" of which you speak?

So far as I can see there's never been a reason to discard the soups, stews & jumpers, not to mention the wellies. (WTF did it alter that to willies FFS?).

Comment

Night all

Comment

That's the links sorted out for tomorrow. Now I just need to remember to actually post them

Comment

Time For Bed Said Zebedee
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X