• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

Very good run until the motorway junction. Just over fifteen minutes to get off the slip road, and then I had to go round to Sainsbury's for petrol

The petrol station was almost deserted again, even as the roads around were clogged with traffic. Every time I go there at about six in the evening, I get pump #1

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Given that we have nothing to post for (no century for 70 posts) no pali for 962 posts and no millennium for 970 posts I think people are taking a well earned break after the excitement of last night and this morning...
      'Tis only 9970 posts to the 300k.

There.

That should get Brillo's juices flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        'Tis only 9970 posts to the 300k.

There.

That should get Brillo's juices flowing.
        Yep. We should get there in roughly 7 months....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just over fifteen minutes to get off the slip road
          Some bozo in a big Merc decided he shouldn't have to wait, and cut down the hard shoulder of the slip road. A van driver in the inside lane decided this wasn't on, and quickly pulled over onto the hard shoulder just enough that the bloke couldn't get past, which I found most amusing

To add to the fun, the hard shoulder doesn't continue into the junction at the bottom - it ends in a fence and some trees. So once the van got far enough down to move back, there wasn't anywhere for the Merc driver to go anyway, and he had to rely on one of the people he'd been undertaking to take pity on him and let him back into the lane

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Some bozo in a big Merc decided he shouldn't have to wait, and cut down the hard shoulder of the slip road. A van driver in the inside lane decided this wasn't on, and quickly pulled over onto the hard shoulder just enough that the bloke couldn't get past, which I found most amusing

To add to the fun, the hard shoulder doesn't continue into the junction at the bottom - it ends in a fence and some trees. So once the van got far enough down to move back, there wasn't anywhere for the Merc driver to go anyway, and he had to rely on one of the people he'd been undertaking to take pity on him and let him back into the lane
            Normally it's Beemer and Audi drivers acting like idiots and not stopping for me at zebra crossings!

Anyway my muscles hurt.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Chicken and white wine casserole out of the freezer for dinner

Tomorrow night, I'm off to London for the AWS conference thingy on Thursday

Comment

Pondering the idea of getting an even earlier night tonight than last night. It's probably a good idea

Goodnight all
                Last edited by NickFitz; 5 July 2016, 22:02.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out today

Comment

Morning all

Comment

There is now, Specifically In General, nothing to see here.

Comment

Working...
                      X