• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a new twist on the old idea of going away and doing something else when you're stuck: I was flummoxed by an error when I tried to run a Django management command I'd just started working on. So I pushed my code up to GitHub, walked across the room to my laptop, pulled the code down, ran it, and immediately realised what I'd done wrong. Fixed it, pushed, walked back over to the iMac, pulled, and full steam ahead again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My mum is apparently feeling well, but they're talking about operating to deal with a pretty severe blockage in her carotid artery.

Said blockage first came to light four years ago when they were dealing with an unrelated matter, and they said she was too old for them to operate on it - too risky. But now, the stroke chap is saying she's 95% likely to have a stroke very soon if it isn't dealt with, whereas if it is dealt with, that goes down to 5%. So they seem to think the tradeoff is now worth it.

But she's also been told previously that it wouldn't be safe for her to ever have a general anaesthetic again. So they're looking at the idea of doing it with local anaesthetic

On the bright side, if they go ahead and it all goes well, she could be home by the end of the week. But still, it's all very worrying

Anyway, apart from that, she's feeling fine in herself, so that's good
      for MrsFitz. Hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        for MrsFitz. Hope all goes well.
        WMSS
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The new combi microwave doesn't exhibit the same prowess of the mighty one of the 1970s, the one of renown

Mind you, I'll probably need to use it for a bit to learn how to get the best of it. But my joint of pork is now back in the proper oven, which is at least still working

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

In other news, bought 5 doughnuts from Morrisons only to find they weren't the Standard Raspberry (flavour), but were instead cappuccino, which came as a bit of a surprise.

However, for 5p WGAS, & they've all gone now.
            Which, for the record, comprised tea, what with two mugs of tea to go with.

Living the dream, living the dream part deux.

Comment

Night all

It's another tedious skool day tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Night all

It's another tedious skool day tomorrow.
                Bon nuit.

Just rewatched e'Lollipop which I remembered from my childhood. Films have moved on since the 70s.

Comment

Should have been in bed an hour ago, but I'd only just had my dinner, due to not noticing what time it was while working on something

Anyway, I've now got tomorrow's today's links sorted out, so I can get to sleep. Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out there

Not so sunny in here

Comment

Morning
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X