• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New combi oven is being delivered by Amazon tomorrow. There's an induction hotplate that I was also going to get, but they don't have that available till Tuesday, which would probably lead to loads of hassle with cards being put through the door, and trips miles away to depots. But the same thing is in stock at the same price at Argos down the way, so I'll pick one up when I go shopping later

Comment

Final run of washing in progress.

Should be done by 19:15 according to the display.

Comment

Knackered.

Ordered new sports earphones thinking my old ones weren't working then realised they weren't sat on my ears right. Normally the plastic disintegrates before they stop working.

Oh well least they are cheap as they are on sale....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Shopping done, including induction hob from Argos. I shall put it to the test this evening, having confirmed that I have at least a couple of suitable pans

Comment

Well, my mum's staying in hospital overnight

The chap at her local hospital had arranged for a registrar to be expecting her at the other place, but when they got there nobody knew nothing about it and insisted on sending her to completely the wrong place. Meanwhile, the registrar in the stroke unit was waiting for her to arrive. It took about three hours, including my sister sending her husband off to find the stroke unit and, once it was located and they'd said they were expecting her, removing my mum from the other place against their protests, before they finally got her scanned and so forth. But it seems she's in the right place and getting the right care now.

Apparently they had to put "a system" in place for dealing with people who were sent to them from the original hospital, and even the staff have concluded that said system isn't working. But I daresay hospital management are getting their reports in a timely manner, even if the ancillary business of providing urgent care to sick people isn't functioning as efficiently as one might wish

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Final run of washing in progress.

Should be done by 19:15 according to the display.
              And so it was. Except I got bored & stopped it a minute early at 19:14.

Blowing on the line now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Well, my mum's staying in hospital overnight

The chap at her local hospital had arranged for a registrar to be expecting her at the other place, but when they got there nobody knew nothing about it and insisted on sending her to completely the wrong place. Meanwhile, the registrar in the stroke unit was waiting for her to arrive. It took about three hours, including my sister sending her husband off to find the stroke unit and, once it was located and they'd said they were expecting her, removing my mum from the other place against their protests, before they finally got her scanned and so forth. But it seems she's in the right place and getting the right care now.

Apparently they had to put "a system" in place for dealing with people who were sent to them from the original hospital, and even the staff have concluded that said system isn't working. But I daresay hospital management are getting their reports in a timely manner, even if the ancillary business of providing urgent care to sick people isn't functioning as efficiently as one might wish

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Shopping done, including induction hob from Argos. I shall put it to the test this evening, having confirmed that I have at least a couple of suitable pans
                  One assumes that said induction hob isn't powered by gas. <- put that light out

Comment

After 2 and a half years it still comes as a bit of a shock when I realise that I no longer have to do hospital/care home visiting.

Comment

I think I'll have some beer now.

Old Peculier probably since I've drunk almost all the rest of it.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 2 July 2016, 18:50.

Comment

Working...
                      X