• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    First day at NewClientCo done - they actually had a working laptop and user accounts ready
    That's happened to me once. It's great isn't it
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Finally configured my new raspberry pi to act as a music source rather than the cheapo bluetooth device I used as a temporary measure...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not Actually Home™ as I'm staying in the hotel in Cambridge for a few nights this week

It's nearly three years since I've been here. But I've stayed here so often over the years that my first thought on entering my room was "This is the one whose lock sometimes sticks open."

It's been fixed, though
        Strange that. The other contractor in our place finally complained about the bits he found annoying about the hotel on Friday. He arrived yesterday to a new TV with full freeview setup just for him.

Unfortunately he's had enough of his commute (Somerset to Preston weekly) and is leaving on Friday...

Comment

Back to mucking about with OpsWorks, on the grounds that there's not much else to do in a Premier Inn. It's occurred to me to try grabbing the SSH key out of the Chef configuration and writing it to root's .ssh directory at the start of my deployment recipe, to see if that gets the GitHub download working

Also, I'm remembering how annoying I find Chef's culinary terminology. It's not actually a recipe, it's a function written in Ruby, using Chef's domain-specific language to declaratively specify the configuration of a server. Nothing to do with cooking at all

Comment

In the pub, with a pint of Broadside and my favourite spare ribs on the menu

Comment

Drinking tea
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Finally configured my new raspberry pi to act as a music source rather than the cheapo bluetooth device I used as a temporary measure...
                Blooming heck its good.. For those interested the setup is:-

raspberry pi 3 with hifiberry DAC+ Pro running moodeaudio
                Amptastic amp
                Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers

Total cost was a mite over £400...

Comment

Quiet in here today...

"Boss" was monitoring network traffic speeds - wasn't quite sure how much of what I was doing he could 'see', but figured it was prudent to spend more time accessing clientCo's systems than CUK

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Not Actually Home™ as I'm staying in the hotel in Cambridge for a few nights this week

It's nearly three years since I've been here. But I've stayed here so often over the years that my first thought on entering my room was "This is the one whose lock sometimes sticks open."

It's been fixed, though
                    I remember dismantling a door lock by accident in some hotel or other in Berwick on Tweed.

Then I put it back together & locked the door.

The room had one of those saniflow bogs that makes a horrendous noise if you use it.

Comment

Still haven't started on the happy pills.

Read the stuff on wiki & it's put me off a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X