• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    feel your pain. Been on a few of these "we just need one more thing" interviews though something as basic as talking the language does seem something the Agent should mention.
    Dunno, it's a role in cloggy so may have been taken as given by the client. Do you specify the need to speak English when you talk to an agent about roles you're recruiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Dunno, it's a role in cloggy so may have been taken as given by the client. Do you specify the need to speak English when you talk to an agent about roles you're recruiting for?
      Yes. It's embarrassing if they can only speak Hindi.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Yes and I also need to specify if I need a Dutch speaker too. Its never taken as given as there are quite a few international companies here.

All the roles over here have one of the pre requisites of language required, its just so they can discriminate against internationals without seeming to do so and then they wonder why the skill pool is so thin.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In other news we discovered that NorPussI has been immortalised on google street maps

Linky

You really have to zoom in though.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            In other news we discovered that NorPussI has been immortalised on google street maps

Linky

You really have to zoom in though.
            Lovely.

I like the "wtf is that" expression.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Lovely.

I like the "wtf is that" expression.
              I think its more, what do you think you're doing in my street?

Will have to ask google to blur his face to protect his identity

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The guy who organises the bacon roll delivery on Friday mornings is on holiday, and I haven't got any lunch due to laziness and disorganisation

Apart from a Cadbury's Caramel in my laptop bag - that'll have to do

Comment

Rain, hail and murrain of beasts earlier, it interrupted my doze.

Now there's thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Rain, hail and murrain of beasts earlier, it interrupted my doze.

Now there's thunder.
                    Nice and sunny now. Almost knocking off for the day, timesheet first!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Followed by more thunder, hail, rain & murrain of beasts.

Sun's out now.

Comment

Working...
                      X