• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Well, the Scottish Maris Pipers from Sainsbury's (new season) have a slightly too-high sugar content, meaning they brown too soon and don't really crisp up properly.

This is a terrible time of year for chip-lovers. No wonder I prefer autumn

Ah well, if the worst comes to the worst I'll buy some frozen ones

Time for a beer and, mayhap, a film
    Just be glad you can get potatoes that crisp.

I can't even get ones that make a decent roastie over here.

Used to be able to get the rooster brand when I first moved here which are great all rounders (normally used in the restaurant trade, so was surprised to see them in the supermarket). Sadly no longer available.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Are you a pirate? 🙂
      Yaaarrrr

Just had to google 'sabrage'. I now know the pressure on a champagne cork is circa 90psi, not far off the 100psi my bike tyres need to be.

Decolletage is the other word I was surprised to learn this week. And likely to prove more useable

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        ommm...
        ZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

:

Discovered the next door neighbour hacking down some of my brambles yesterday evening.

Wandering around in my usual fog, I hadn't realised that the brambles I'd cut back to nothing in the autumn were now up to 10 feet long.

Not to mention the grass and the ravening wild strawberry plants.

Looks like Zeity's summer evening job has just been defined.

Ho fecking hum.

More lawn here we come.

Comment

And here's another reason to vote out:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=256

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies, about to go for a dog walk. MIldly musty head this morning.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                :

Discovered the next door neighbour hacking down some of my brambles yesterday evening.

Wandering around in my usual fog, I hadn't realised that the brambles I'd cut back to nothing in the autumn were now up to 10 feet long.

Not to mention the grass and the ravening wild strawberry plants.

Looks like Zeity's summer evening job has just been defined.

Ho fecking hum.

More lawn here we come.
                Am ignoring the garden this year. Will probably get some burly man round to dig some the the trees up and put some fencing in later this year. We have decking which is waay past its best and needs replacing.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Buy and stockup on your glyphosate now!

I shall add it to my store of lindane.

Comment

Well there we are.

One house roughly vacced.

There seems to be a fair percentage of carpet in the "dust" though I may be wrong there.

There's some angloCymro-indian chappie on Desert Island Discs.

David Nott.

Comment

The bad news is REACH regulations are incorporated into an EEA agreement.

So if we leave the EU and stay in the EEA like Iceland, Norway and Switzerland the chemicals are still banned....

Oh and I've been gardening to - on cleaning where loads of plant pots are. Damn fancy grasses go everywhere .
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X