• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I won't know what it really sounds like until the.
    neighbours complain?

Comment

'Afternoon.

Good parkrun this morning (by this year's standards). Afternoon snooze successfully completed too. Next task is to pump up my tyres and find cycling kit ready for tomorrow's charidee ride.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

'Afternoon.

Good parkrun this morning (by this year's standards). Afternoon snooze successfully completed too. Next task is to pump up my tyres and find cycling kit ready for tomorrow's charidee ride.

It all sounds almost as exhausting as going to the shops

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It all sounds almost as exhausting as going to the shops
          Oh god, no, couldn't face that on a Saturday. You're a braver man than me (not that I'm a man, but you know what I mean).

Comment

I'm making frozen chips. I don't mean getting chips out of the freezer and cooking them, but the other way round, taking spuds and bringing them through the chip-creation process to the point at which they can be frozen ready for future use

They're now cooling down on and under kitchen roll to absorb most of the oil and dry them a little. I've found they get a coating of little ice crystals which make them spit and pop dreadfully when eventually used if one tries to bag and freeze them straight after the first frying, so this is a bit of an experiment to see if it reduces or eliminates that

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

'Afternoon.

Are we suppose to sponsor you?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Are we suppose to sponsor you?
                If you really want to!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/RouleurMankini

Tyres pumped up, and even gave the bike a wash! Hoping it survives the shock.

Comment

<snip> I've found they get a coating of little ice crystals which make them spit and pop dreadfully when eventually used if one tries to bag and freeze them straight after the first frying, so this is a bit of an experiment to see if it reduces or eliminates that
                  Frost free freezer should eliminate that?
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    Frost free freezer should eliminate that?
                    Would it? They're sealed inside a ziplock bag then frozen, so I'm not sure the ambient conditions in the freezer would affect matters. But I'm no expert on freezers

Comment

Would it? They're sealed inside a ziplock bag then frozen, so I'm not sure the ambient conditions in the freezer would affect matters. But I'm no expert on freezers
                      Maybe not but would help, you need to remove the air from the ziplock bag after putting the chips in to reduce the water content in the trapped air that would stick to the chips...or leave the zip lock bag open in a frost free freezer. Frost free freezers circulate dry cold air to prevent any build up of ice.
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X