• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the serial number off the washing machine so I can register the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Just got the serial number off the washing machine so I can register the damn thing.
      Did they put it on the back, so you have to shift the thing out to get it?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        A Selenium script should be able to do that. Bit late now, but worth considering for next time
        Been there done that. Trust me you really don't want to add more javascript to whats already there....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Did they put it on the back, so you have to shift the thing out to get it?
          Nein.

It is on ze door.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Been there done that. Trust me you really don't want to add more javascript to whats already there....
            I write my Selenium scripts in Python. No JavaScript required, and certainly not in the browser, though if you want you can use node.js or anything else for which bindings are available. It uses WebDriver to control the browser; it's intended for automated UI testing, but you can also use it to automate repetitive tasks. My functional tests for Django apps run through launching Firefox over and over again, going to different pages, clicking on UI elements and examining the state of the DOM afterwards, filling in forms both correctly and incorrectly and checking what happened as a result, and so forth.

It sounds like it would be ideal for what you described - you could visit the first of the things while it recorded your actions, then give it the list of the remaining 499 URLs to test and set it loose

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Nein.

It is on ze door.
              That was clever of them. I'm half-tempted to go looking for mine now…

Comment

The drive back today started on a nice, sunny afternoon - I put my sunglasses on in anticipation of sunshine as I headed west.

As I came over the hill that leads down towards Kettering, there was a massive bank of cloud a few miles ahead stretching across the landscape, raining on various bits of it. Then a massive bolt of lightning flashed across it

By the edge of Kettering, it was teeming down. Then it got worse. The journey through Kettering was at no more than 15mph, and much of it less than 5mph. Even with the wipers going full tilt, I often could scarcely see any distance ahead, the rain was so heavy. Nearing the far side of the town, we came to a spot where the road was so deeply flooded that lorries and 4x4s were slowing down to about 3mph to drive through; I took it at maybe 5mph, and had the feeling that I was going into it a bit too fast for comfort.

And within two or three miles after that we were back in bright sunshine, and the only moisture on the road was that which had been tracked there by the traffic - it clearly hadn't rained there all day

Then another storm (which I would have described as "bad" before having the Kettering experience but which seemed positively mild in comparison) arrived as I neared the M1, and kept me company the rest of the way home

Comment

And there are two more portions of chicken casserole to go in the freezer, which I will be inordinately grateful for some time in the next few weeks
                  One portion hasn't made it past Monday

I got the other one in the freezer though, as I have both lamb (diced, for a curry) and beef (a joint thereof to roast) to get through in the next few days

Comment

Ugh, look at the time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start here

Though given yesterday afternoon's storm over Kettering, I don't think one should deduce too much about how things will turn out from that

Comment

Working...
                      X