• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Evening

Spending the next hour going through student finance forms for eldests 2nd year.

Hours of fun?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Have fun (knowing how painful its going to be)...
      Surely there must be some concession for those on minimum wage?

Just asking, like.

Comment

Feck me, I wish I hadn't eaten all that.

Since it's Tuesday & Tuesday is fish day (much like Friday though presumably for different reasons), which was very nice.

Followed by stewed bramley apple & custard. Yum. Which was very nice.

Followed, for unknown reasons, by a Morrisons tomato cheese & garlic bread thing.*

Which was ok, but seems to be fighting with the rest of it.

*it was reduced to 25p so I had to have it.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 17 May 2016, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Surely there must be some concession for those on minimum wage?

Just asking, like.
          Thankfully, I've got 4 years to go before hitting those forms...

Then I will be taking the advice of various friends who work at the loans to fill in the forms as scrupulously as possible...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I suspect that if I don't stop doing things like this, 15st. beckons.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Hours of fun?

I've just completed mrs 5* assessment as it was quite straight forward.

However I dont seem to be able to put my hand on my P60 and self assessment for 14-15, so I've pinged my accountant and hopefully I will have the information tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I suspect that if I don't stop doing things like this, 15st. beckons.
                I seem to have managed to lose a few pounds recently. But I've seen that happen before, and it always comes back

Anyone would think driving to Cambridgeshire and back wasn't enough exercise to keep one in trim on its own

Comment

Only a half-day for me tomorrow, if that - for tomorrow, the gas man cometh

It's the annual inspection of the appliances, to make sure they aren't leaking or about to blow up or pumping out CO; and possibly other things. I don't know exactly what he looks for, not being a gas man myself

If he's done by, say, half eleven, then I can get over to ClientCo for a half day. Any later and it'll be too late to get over there, so I'll lose a whole day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Only a half-day for me tomorrow, if that - for tomorrow, the gas man cometh

It's the annual inspection of the appliances, to make sure they aren't leaking or about to blow up or pumping out CO; and possibly other things. I don't know exactly what he looks for, not being a gas man myself
                    He's mainly checking you haven't tampered with things. I always wondered why they liked looking the meters etc then realised once a couple of houses have exploded in mysterious circumstances.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just had bread and jam.

Funny organic bread..
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X