• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Suboptimal
    To say the least...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No actual contract through yet

Got my VAT return sorted. That's two nil returns in a row

Now ploughing my way through Safari tabs, bookmarking, reading , or closing as appropriate. Once again, I've proved that on this machine, around sixty tabs is pretty much the limit before the 4GB of RAM starts to struggle - though, of course, that's with other memory-hungry apps like Excel and PyCharm open.
      I find 48gb just about enough to run chrome (and the VMs I need to run)... Would love a mac that could cope with that or 32gb but needs meant I had to buy this beast of dell...

Comment

Damn! Got an offer for the gig that's with the place that's a bit dull.

Boomed, but the other gig was doing basically the same stuff with an F1 team, which would have been well cool
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I find 48gb just about enough to run chrome (and the VMs I need to run)... Would love a mac that could cope with that or 32gb but needs meant I had to buy this beast of dell...
          My iMac has 32gb and Mac Pro does like loads....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            My iMac has 32gb and Mac Pro does like loads....
            Needs to be portable and I wasn't spending £2k on a macbook pro when the new ones are less than 3 months away and don't offer 32gb....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              My iMac has 32GB. It can handle 64, but it's nigh-on impossible to find modules with that capacity and the high(er) speed. Even Crucial never have them in stock.

Comment

Suddenly remembered there's a Stasi Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight

They brought it forward a week and though I was told ages ago, I forgot to change it on my calendar, so none of my iThings reminded me.

Ah well, that means I don't have time to cook dinner, which gives me an excuse to go to the Chinese afterwards

Comment

Apparently a crew from ITV are making several programmes about the neighbourhood on behalf of the BBC. (That's open markets in TV production for you.)

It's all because of that study the other month declaring that my road has the most diverse bunch of shopkeepers in the UK, or whatever it was. Despite the fact that the study was of shopkeepers, who don't necessarily live here in the manner of Arkwright in Open All Hours, the TV people want to show the diversity of the area. For some reason, the Neighbourhood Watch group might be included as an example of members of the community in action

I did wonder why the Neighbourhood Watch group would be of interest to them, consisting as it does entirely of white British middle-aged middle-class people. But then I remembered that for several years now the official figures have shown white British people to be a minority in Leicester, so we are, in fact, evidence of diversity

In fact, if you take the definition of a minority as any group constituting less than 50% of the population, there are nothing but minorities in the city, which is rather cool really

Comment

erm...right, turns out I may have a f2f interview tomorrow in LDN...just got the email on it with much apologies...

I suppose I should go and make an effort?!
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Damn.

I have ants in the bathroom.

There is no food and nothing for them to feed of there. 😠
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X