• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems that my bargain basement Passat (£140 a month for £35k of car) is arriving sooner than I expected.

So I need to get my arse into gear and sell the Leon
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I was looking at a before & after photo of Swansea only this morning.
      There was a documentary about the seven-day blitz on Liverpool on the BBC the other day: BBC iPlayer - May Blitz: The Seven Days that Rocked Liverpool

My parents will doubtless remember that one, particularly my dad, as he lived near the docks. He spent an appreciable period of his formative years sitting in an air raid shelter.

Comment

The most curious thing about Swansea is the number of different railway companies who had stations there.

GWR. (High Street).

Rhondda & Swansea Bay.

LNWR (before 1923)/LMS (after 1923). (Swansea Victoria).

Swansea Vale & MR(running powers to Swansea St. Thomas).

Mumbles Train.

They're all gone now, apart from High Street.

Apparently there was a structure known as "The monkey bridge" which spanned 430 yards of sidings & suchlike between St. Thomas & the King's Dock. It was closed for the duration of WWII, much to the angst of the dockers.

For the rivet counters amongst us, have a look at this:

http://www.wrrc.org.uk/research.php
        Last edited by zeitghost; 10 May 2016, 15:36.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Byeeeee
            Mind the showers

Comment

The Super Monkey Car is home and ready for the Google Satellite to fly over and take its picture again (that'll be the fourth time, IIRC)

First time I did a left turn, the indicator did that blinking at double speed thing that means a bulb's gone, which was a bit disconcerting as the bloke had mentioned doing something with the lights. But I know how to change the bulbs, and I have a spare one, so I carried on home. Turned out the bulb (apparently new) wasn't quite seated correctly in the socket. I'll have to keep an eye on it as it seems as if the springy thing that holds the contact in place might not be doing such a good job. But other than that: sorted!

Now to read the list of welding and other work that was done, which is looooong…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Mind the showers
                It stayed dry.

Still like the proverbial gorilla's armpit as regards the humidity though.

I'm currently attempting to find out if "Grimm" is on tonight, coz the sky box thinks it isn't.

Comment

It would appear that the sky box is correct.

Next ep is next Tuesday.

Ho hum.

Comment

Rain's gone. About time too

Comment

Chicken for dinner, just for a change. Reheated (in the oven to crisp it up) leg and wing plus a couple of slices of breast, with chips

And the carcass (plus the last bit of breast meat) has been shoved into the freezer so they can be used for soup at some later date

Comment

Working...
                      X