• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No bar at Conway Hall, and a Premier Inn bar isn't much to write home about

On the other hand, there's a pub next door, another opposite, and several more down the road and around every corner
    Hope you find decent people to "network" with.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Hope you find decent people to "network" with.
      I'll be off down the Harp this evening - always a good crowd there

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Just to celebrate my doing the washing, it's started raining.
        Yeah, it does that. Won't stop the papers telling you it's been "the sunniest day of the year" - though they won't mention the "where we are, dunno what it's like outside the south east" bit

It really is like a summer's day here in London though. Too bloody warm for my liking

Comment

Memo to self: before setting out buy plastic elbows for plastic conduit, first measure said conduit to find out if it's 20mm or 25mm coz B&Q is now rather further away than it was.

Also, find out the opening hours for EuroCarParts before finding out on the way back that they shut at 16:00 on a Saturday.

Also find out if the local association football company are playing at home.

Ho hum.

However, remembering that there's a Boots on the B&Q estate did enable me to buy some eye drops to combat the Terran Tree Pollen.

Comment

Quite fitting that I'm out of Leicester as the football team get their trophy, given that I've never regarded them as anything more than a minor nuisance when I've lived near them, and never thought of them at all when I lived across town

I once got stopped by a bloke from Radio Leicester with a mic and a tape recorder, asking what I thought of "so-and-so, the Leicester manager". I politely enquired what this local person was manager of; I honestly didn't connect the phrase "Leicester manager" with football, and thought he was talking about some local businessman.

He gave me a look and said "You don't know a thing about football, do you?" "No" I replied. "Well there's no ******* point talking to you then" he said, and walked off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              He gave me a look and said "You don't know a thing about football, do you?" "No" I replied. "Well there's no ******* point talking to you then" he said, and walked off
              Strangely satisfying, innit?

Comment

Well there we are then.

Tea consisted of a non-Pukka steak & kidney pie (Peters) with some Heinz baked beans from a snackpot.

It was ok, but they've taken too much salt & sugar out of the beans so they don't taste proper like they used to.

Some more Lentil <pffffft> soup is cooking at the moment, ready for storing in the freezer.

I sliced the onions somewhat differently before they went in the machine so the soup looks really odd at the moment.

Comment

It's a lovely evening, the sun is just about to set and I must remember to get the washing in off the line.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Strangely satisfying, innit?
                    I felt good afterwards

Comment

Nearly time to go & watch some bubble gum tv.

Comment

Working...
                      X