• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have picked up a new role. Phone interview at 15:30.

Still nothing on the other two "live" roles.....
    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      After 5 months of scchlepping along the M62 every day, and being throughly fed up with doing so, I have been put forward for a role a whole 1 junction closer to home
      A step in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Good luck!
        Century

Thanks Sir

Comment

Currently in the Enlightenment Gallery at the British Museum, which smells exactly like a museum is supposed to smell.

Comment

Corned beef cob for lunch, as I couldn't be bothered making anything more complicated

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Good luck!
              ZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Currently in the Enlightenment Gallery at the British Museum, which smells exactly like a museum is supposed to smell.
                Enlightened?

Comment

Just seen a JavaScript gig on JobServe which lists a ridiculously long set of requirements, spanning all aspects of technology-related hipsterdom and the associated overblown tooling. The final bullet point said "Prefers simple solutions and tools."

Yeah, you're failing pretty badly at that one, folks

It's also seriously up the creek as far as IR35 is concerned. "Join their team" - no thank you. "Move between teams, learn new skills and get involved in every part of the delivery process" - so, SDC much?

Think I'll pass. It sounds dreadful even without all that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Have you seen the Rosetta stones? Elgin marbles?

Comment

Gardening club

Before you ask, no, I don't know whether they've invited the old fella that was hacking bits off their beloved plants. Even if they did, he might have forgotten about it.

Anyway, their next meeting is tonight at 19:30 in the old school and the emailed agenda is as follows;

Firstly, before our main speaker, [redacted] will give a short talk to share with us his expertise on growing basil.

Then [redacted] will give a talk on SLUGS - Can we forgive them.

An interesting title for what I am sure will be a very interesting talk.

In other news, after the excitement of lighting a beacon (pile of old pallets) on the beach (stoney bit between land and channel) last Thursday, the local "militia of people with too much time on their hands" have decided we should have a street party for Queenie's 2nd B'day in June. Yes, I had an email with the word "jelly" in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X