• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Also went out with the cycling club. They had one of their "everyone welcome" shorter, leisurely paced rides - 42km with a nice cake stop in the middle.

Lovely day for it, just a tad windy.
    Cake stops are the point of going for a bike ride
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Both lawns mowed. Ferrous sulphate applied with high nitrogen fertiliser for killing what little moss there is and a green up. Golf this morning. Suburban bliss. Makes a change from Bondi and Clifton beaches.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Think I over-snoozed.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Think I over-snoozed.
          You didn't reach that level that you feel like crap when you wake up did you?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You didn't reach that level that you feel like crap when you wake up did you?
            Aye. But Mr ms has made me a cup of tea, and I'm coming to slowly...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I check on the website first They've got two shops here, so even if one is out of stock, the other usually isn't
              It is better to travel hopefully (to Halfords) than to arrive.

We've got one in Neath and another in Swansea.

They used to be much better than they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                OK, the multimeter tells me the battery is chucking out between 12.6 and 12.7 volts, which is about the right amount; though of course much also depends on how well it's going to hold a charge once it's actually used in anger. But that's a start
                That's about right if it's not being charged & there's no load.

It will be a start if the car starts.

I'm in a funny* mood.

I think it's the fumes from the paint.

Or maybe it's the thinners. <- put that light out or you'll kill us all.

*funny peculiar rather than funny ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Both lawns mowed. Ferrous sulphate applied with high nitrogen fertiliser for killing what little moss there is and a green up. Golf this morning. Suburban bliss. Makes a change from Bondi and Clifton beaches.
                  If you need some moss, I can let you have loads.

It's pick your own though.

£5 per bag.

Comment

Well it's cold.

The sky is white, and not in a good way.

It's windy, not far short of a gale.

And there's been some precipitation recently.

Comment

In other other other news, it's back to "work" tomorrow.

Now seeing as I took this job to look after the ZeitParents, does it mean I can tell my illustrious employers (and especially deputy dawg) to feck off and die?

The temptation is overwhelming.

Almost everyone I enjoyed working with is gone or going, and some of the replacements get on the ZeitTits just a tad.

Comment

Working...
                      X