• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I'm glad to say I avoided the midnight phonecall.

This particular brother has a habit of ringing at odd hours, I would assume he'd ring to say she'd died, but I already knew she'd gone into hospital anyway. So ringing me to tell me he'd got a call from another brother with no significant news was odd.

NorrPater had an op a month or so ago for cataracts and glaucoma, sadly they left it too late and he's lost the sight in one eye. The other eye is starting to go as well and he's not taking it very well at all apparently.

If Norrmater goes, he won't be long after, we suspect
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with added Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Yep!

Am now hyper awake as I've had feck all sleep. Expect to get a call again later today.
        If the inevitable does happen, then I expect I'll be heading back home tomorrow. Funerals in Ireland tend to be within 2 days of death.

I was supposedly heading over there next weekend, will probably have fun trying to change the flights with vermin air.
        This particular brother has a habit of ringing at odd hours, I would assume he'd ring to say she'd died, but I already knew she'd gone into hospital anyway. So ringing me to tell me he'd got a call from another brother with no significant news was odd.

NorrPater had an op a month or so ago for cataracts and glaucoma, sadly they left it too late and he's lost the sight in one eye. The other eye is starting to go as well and he's not taking it very well at all apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Morning denizens

Sunny out, with added Simpsons
          Very sunny here, no Simpsons in sight.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oh and afternoon all

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hmm. I want to go to Halfords, but the association football company have visitors, meaning the road past their al fresco office will be closed. That's the back route that allows me to avoid the worst of the traffic

Comment

I had extreme cognitive dissonance with the statement "want to go to Halfords".

In other news, the sky has gone white.

And the wind is blowing down the valley which is very unusual.

I also note that the last time it did this, a tree landed on my fecking garage.

Comment

Today, for the second time in a month, someone* on R4 used the term "resile".

It appears to be becoming rather more popular with the cognoscenti.

*Will Self on what used to be Letter from America back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Hmm. I want to go to Halfords, but the association football company have visitors, meaning the road past their al fresco office will be closed. That's the back route that allows me to avoid the worst of the traffic
                      Ah, scrub that - it looks like it's next Sunday. This week, they've gone a-visiting instead

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      I had extreme cognitive dissonance with the statement "want to go to Halfords".
                      Yes, that was rather poorly phrased

Comment

Working...
                      X