• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken cacciatore for dinner - a recipe which I haven't made in years, for some reason

I had it with rice, just for a change. It was good, but I think chips go better with it. Or maybe sauté potatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      feel I should at least make an effort to sell it as she'd kept it all these years.
      You and me both.

With the difference being that I am now the proud possessor of china from ZeitGran, ZeitGreatAunt (though the metal pipe from an obsolete vacuum cleaner did away with the teapot), and ZeitMater.

Broke one of ZeitMater's plates yesterday, which was no great loss since it's 1990s china.

The other stuff can be up to a century or more old.

Most of it seconds.

Ho hum.

In other news, the ongoing sorting of the ZeitOffice is still ongoing.

I now have two pcs back on the corner desk, one I built in 1999 running Win98, and another that I built out of bits off ebay that's running Win2k.

Plus a crappy Philips laser printer/scanner/copier thing for which I have little love since it won't feed paper meaning you have to feed the damn thing a sheet at a time.

It was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I stood outside and price checked it on Amazon and eBay and it was a lot cheaper in store than anywhere else, so it was well worth it. Brand new but wrapping removed.

And if I don't get round to watching it, it'll serve as a present for my parents for Christmas
        Excellent

A few years ago I was in HMV in town and they had the complete M*A*S*H - including the film - on a massive discount; I checked and that particular box set was something like £60 on Amazon, which was roughly the original price in HMV, but it was reduced to about £20. Still sealed, nothing wrong with it - it had just not sold, so they'd knocked it right down to clear

Comment

Lunch comprised some chilli & rice, both of which had expired BBE.

Tea was some beef lasagne which was almost up.

The above was caused by ZeitSis being indisposed on Wednesday, meaning it got left in the fridge til I had time to eat it all.

Beef for tomorrow.

Yum.

Comment

Night all. Mind how you go.

That depressing poetry programme will be on R4 now.

Just what I need whilst attempting to go to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Lunch comprised some chilli & rice, both of which had expired BBE.

Tea was some beef lasagne which was almost up.

The above was caused by ZeitSis being indisposed on Wednesday, meaning it got left in the fridge til I had time to eat it all.

Beef for tomorrow.

Yum.
              Mmm, beef

I can either have chicken cacciatore again, or get something out of the freezer and have that, thereby making room to freeze the rest of the cc. I'm forcing myself to use up a bunch of stuff out of the freezer this coming week, as otherwise it just ends up sitting at the back for years

Comment

Night all. Mind how you go.

That depressing poetry programme will be on R4 now.

Just what I need whilst attempting to go to sleep.
                Goodnight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Mmm, beef

I can either have chicken cacciatore again, or get something out of the freezer and have that, thereby making room to freeze the rest of the cc. I'm forcing myself to use up a bunch of stuff out of the freezer this coming week, as otherwise it just ends up sitting at the back for years
                  For tea tomorrow I shall make some more kedgeree to use up some dyed haddock that's been festering in the freezer for 2 or more years at the very least.

Comment

For tea tomorrow I shall make some more kedgeree to use up some dyed haddock that's been festering in the freezer for 2 or more years at the very least.
                    There's a kedgeree recipe on t'blog if you need one.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got woken up at 4am with a call from one of the Norrbrothers. Seems Norrmater has taken a turn for the worst. She was taken into hospital yesterday arvo.
                      NorrPater is not doing so well either, but is thankfully not in hospital.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X