• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that I've now recovered sufficiently to return to the office rebuilt.

Maybe.

And it's nearly time to record NCIS NO.

Which I find fairly amusing.

I also discovered in the transfer of the dvds that I already have a copy of "The Third Man" so I'm glad I haven't duplicated that.

Comment

Today's haul from mother's flat was a pan and a brass Buddha. I've also listed round one of her old lady china on e-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Today's haul from mother's flat was a pan and a brass Buddha. I've also listed round one of her old lady china on e-bay.
        Anything good on there?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Afternoon denizens

Another grey day
          At least the snow has stopped here for now
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I wandered past CEX today and accidentally bought the complete box set of Cheers. That's my evening sorted while MrsF is out boogieing the night away.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Anything good on there?
              Nope - don't think the china is worth anything.

She had a coffee set and her wedding dinner service

I was going to sell both, but I left the list of what's left of the dinner service at the flat, so will try the coffee set first. Hideous thing with roses on (although I described it as 'lovely' on ebay ). Would suit a quaint tea room.

Buddha's quite cute though - think I'll keep him.

Edit: pic

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Nope - don't think the china is worth anything.

She had a coffee set and her wedding dinner service

I was going to sell both, but I left the list of what's left of the dinner service at the flat, so will try the coffee set first. Hideous thing with roses on (although I described it as 'lovely' on ebay ). Would suit a quaint tea room.

Buddha's quite cute though - think I'll keep him.
                If there's a reasonable tea set then there are certain tea rooms that might be interested - MrsF was meant to talk to one in Manchester to see if they were interested in the old sets that we've got.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

If there's a reasonable tea set then there are certain tea rooms that might be interested - MrsF was meant to talk to one in Manchester to see if they were interested in the old sets that we've got.
                  I've listed it as collection only - CBA with shipping it. Think we'll be lucky to get £20 for it, but I just want rid, and feel I should at least make an effort to sell it as she'd kept it all these years. Have listed it for BIN £35 with a 'make offer', so will see what happens.

Comment

I wandered past CEX today and accidentally bought the complete box set of Cheers. That's my evening sorted while MrsF is out boogieing the night away.
                    I've got that, though I haven't even unwrapped it yet. I think it deserves some concentrated attention rather than just dipping in, so I'm waiting until I'm really in the mood to do a deep dive

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I've got that, though I haven't even unwrapped it yet. I think it deserves some concentrated attention rather than just dipping in, so I'm waiting until I'm really in the mood to do a deep dive
                      I stood outside and price checked it on Amazon and eBay and it was a lot cheaper in store than anywhere else, so it was well worth it. Brand new but wrapping removed.

And if I don't get round to watching it, it'll serve as a present for my parents for Christmas
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X