• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Got a new charger - 8A RMS, or some such; more importantly, unlike the old thing, it's automatic, so I don't have to be so paranoid about leaving the battery on charge overnight, should that prove necessary again. I was half-convinced the old one was somehow going to set fire to the place, or possibly cause an explosion, despite there being no evidence for this from past usage
    200 amps of starting current up to 400 amps ( peak current), boost up to 3.5L gas/petrol engines at least 15 times after a full charge.
    and costs £36 I work that as £2.34 per jump, maybe we should tell Brillo it would be cheaper than marrying them.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      What's MrFitz doing up at this hour? Or haven't you gone to bed yet?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Odd, innit.

NF must have been up all night watching obscure dvds.

Alternatively, he's been charging his battery all night.

Morning all.
      The battery did indeed seem to be taking a charge for much of the night.

But I've just discovered that one of the terminal adapters, necessary to get Ford leads connected to a battery with round terminals, has cracked in half

So I'll need to get a couple more of those, as they come in packs of two

Comment

Grand National? Suppose I'd better randomly pick some horses on the basis of their names or the pretty colours on the rider

Comment

I put a load of laundry in the washing machine on Monday, but didn't start it as I needed to go out. Then I forgot about it until it was too late to put it on without risking disturbing the neighbours.

Repeat the last bit for every day this week.

Finally remembered and started it

Comment

Got back half of what I spent on the National. Better than nothing, I suppose

About time that National Lottery started pulling its weight, too

Comment

I got back exactly what I put on the GN.

£0.

Despite one ZeitGrandfather being a bookies runner back when it was illegal (he died before it was legal), I've never placed a bet.

This afternoon has been spent reassembling a large corner desk in what passes for the ZeitOffice in ZeitTowers.

Stone me, I'm knackered.

And the bookcase behind it has been repurposed as dvd shelving, in the process of which I discovered yet another dvd of which I have two copies.

The ZeitLoungeAndTVroom is now looking a good deal tidier following the transfer of the aforementioned dvds.

Comment

Said duplicate dvd was "The Killers" starring Burt Lancaster, from a story by Ernest Hemingway.

Comment

Just been M&S shopping.

I can only assume that the poor lady in the next cubicle had no-one who could care for her two small children while she shopped for bras. Which resulted in a very amusing and very audible conversation about boobies.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I put a load of laundry in the washing machine on Monday, but didn't start it as I needed to go out. Then I forgot about it until it was too late to put it on without risking disturbing the neighbours.

Repeat the last bit for every day this week.

Finally remembered and started it
                    The ZeitWashing was done this morning as per usual.

It's a great advantage not having to pump gallons of water out of the tray around the old ZeitLeakyWashingMachine any more.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Despite one ZeitGrandfather being a bookies runner back when it was illegal (he died before it was legal), I've never placed a bet.
                      We only found out at a family gathering a few months ago that my mother and her best friend, when still at school, acted as bookies runners for a cousin of hers - wholly illegal, of course. We assume, with the benefit of hindsight, that he was using them because the plod were less likely to suspect a couple of twelve-year-old girls of being involved in an illicit gambling operation

They weren't really aware of the legal aspects; they were just happy to make a few bob out of it, which was understandable in post-war Woolton, where nobody had much of anything really.

In the end, the cousin was cleaned out when a 100-1 shot won the National - looks like that happened in 1947, which sounds about right.

There's always been a few rather dodgy elements on my mother's side. That's extended family life in Liverpool for you

Comment

Working...
                      X