• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Morning all

Ok, so I am officially old.

House opposite me is having some major work done i.e. a new roof and loft conversion etc. Yesterday some cockwomble in a white van pulled up about 7pm and broke in to their garage but fortunately the house owner drove past and caught them "picking up some tools for their mate the builder". He got the van reg and a photo of the scrote and called PC Plod.

Police have send some 12 year old to ask if anyone saw anything. I believe policemen looking young is the milestone for official middle age?
    Morning

Yep! You are now officially old.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      First cycle-commute of the year. Forgot how nice it was. Woodpeckers a-pecking, tweety birds a-tweeting. Cold feet a-defrosting!
      Lightweight, we cycle in all weather in cloggers!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        It's not been the weather - it's the clock change. Don't like cycling in the dark, and don't finish at clientCo till > 5:30

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Especially this winter as it was very mild.

Nothing like a good cycle through the ice. I remember one day I saw 2 motorcycles go over on ice on the same day.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Morning all

Ok, so I am officially old.

House opposite me is having some major work done i.e. a new roof and loft conversion etc. Yesterday some cockwomble in a white van pulled up about 7pm and broke in to their garage but fortunately the house owner drove past and caught them "picking up some tools for their mate the builder". He got the van reg and a photo of the scrote and called PC Plod.

Police have send some 12 year old to ask if anyone saw anything. I believe policemen looking young is the milestone for official middle age?
            Do politicians look young?

Comment

Morning denizens

More overcast than Simpsons out there today

Comment

More blue with vapour trails than simpsons today.

Expecting to hit a balmy 17c on Sunday.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's not been the weather - it's the clock change. Don't like cycling in the dark, and don't finish at clientCo till > 5:30
                  I suppose its easier to cycle here we have separate cycle paths which are well lit (mostly).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

First cycle-commute of the year. Forgot how nice it was. Woodpeckers a-pecking, tweety birds a-tweeting. Cold feet a-defrosting!
                    KUATB my first was in February!

Sliding through 2 inch mud - great fun.

Will be doing it more though as it was a bit dark on the towpath had to go through sluff, more likely to get mugged but less likely to sink. Now I can bomb down the towpath and annoy anglers.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Boring Conference tickets available now! Hurry, it sells out in minutes: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/borin...ts-24008491043

Comment

Working...
                      X