• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for bed, said Zebedee
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's the shopping done, sufficient to get me through Easter without having to brave the hordes

After causing huge inconvenience to everybody replacing the petrol pumps at big Sainsbury's so they can do pay-at-pump, they've finally finished. But they haven't actually done the pay-at-pump bit

It looks like all they need to do is remove the big blanking plates covering the bit of the pump where the p-a-p stuff is, but some other systems on which it depends aren't ready. But how they can manage all that ripping out and putting in of great big pumps and stuff, yet can't have some computer in the back room ready for when they've finished, is a mystery.

Oh well, maybe they'll have it sorted out for August Bank Holiday

Comment

And now, toasted teacakes

Comment

Well the customer with the PIC18F came back & demanded one of my nice brand new PICKIT3.

Never been opened.

Dunno who he is or what he's doing.

Comment

I think that's about the last straw.

Along with the elf & safety feckwhit who'll be doing some sort of assessment shortly.

Comment

The kebab shop just up the road gets a lot of mentions in this: 'Leicester's Buzzing': One Night in the Underdog City that Could Win the League | VICE | United Kingdom

Comment

Further news on the ZeitBigClock(tm) front: the comms between the pic & the DS1307 clock chip appear to be screwed in some odd way.

But then again, for some reason it's sending 0xff six times where I would expect* it to send 0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x03,0x04 and 0x05.

Slightly mystified, all in all.

*well that's what the program source file says it should be sending. YMMV

Comment

Nearly time to wander off down the hill.

I can barely wait.

Er, I can hardly wait.

Er, quit now.

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Byeeee

Comment

Working...
                      X