• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sdfj;asdfja;

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      sdfj;asdfja;
      ZeitMillEnnium(tm)

ZeitZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Morning all. Off to Hiroshima today. Really want to go, but equally not sure how I'll cope in the museum.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          More beef and ale casserole for dinner, this time with rice and a thick slice of brown bread; and very nice it was too

Somebody hereabouts is burning wood in their fireplace. I suspect it's against the Clean Air Acts and so on, but it does make the neighbourhood smell nice - lends an almost rustic air to it
          Rule of thumb:
          If it's in a defra approved stove then it's ok. I put house coal in mine too (not 100% sure about that, but I tend to stick to windy dark nights).
          If it's in an open grate then it's not ok.

A decent stove is 80-90% efficient. They tend to have a secondary combustion facility to recirculate the air and burn up the bits of soot in the smoke, making them cleaner. They need to be burning hot to work properly though. As the young lady who knocked on my door the other week to report "there's loads of smoke coming out of your chimney" discovered. An open grate is C20% efficient, hence the clean air act.

Comment

And ZeitMater is definitely in a bad way, they think she's had another TIA overnight.

She could hardly recognize me when I went in.

Ho very hum.
            and another

Comment

Morning all

We're going to the zoo zoo zoo
              How about you you you?
              You can come too too too
              We're going to the zoo zoo zoo...

Assuming we can get arses into gear that is...

Comment

sdfj;asdfja;
                Top Millenium!

Comment

Comment

Grey and miserable in London

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Grey and miserable in London
                      And this is our problem. If we could associate grey with cheer then we'd be sorted, weather-wise.

Think grey kittens, or being wrapped in a grey blanket round a campfire, or platinum jewellery.

Comment

Working...
                      X