• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    :
    Did you ask your accountant first?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Well that is one more reason not to take it. You know some things are doomed to fail due to original scope, the one today is one of those.

There are things that are totally pointless and should be utterly out of scope that people are listing as priorities and that's before the projects begun. And then they couldn't explain why the other current project is a year late. Hmm I wonder why
      suity?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        suity?
        I don't think suity is an enterprise architect or pretends to be one
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

yet another optimist has obtained some obscure PIC that we can't program easily.

PIC18F45J20 or somesuch.

The PicStart+ won't touch it.

The PicKit 3 will but I've never used one of those.

And I understand that they're fairly fragile.

Byeeeee

<ZG in "my deity, I'll be glad when I've retired" mode>

The same optimist asked me if I knew how to use the virtual hyperterminal in Proteus (a simulator thing).

Comment

Parrot news: Kemsing pub parrot found dead with pork scratching in claw | Sevenoaks Chronicle

Comment

There's a Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight. Suppose I'd better go, just in case

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                There's a Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight. Suppose I'd better go, just in case
                Is the meeting well advertised. If it was its better to stay in in case the burglars see it as an opportunity.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A tax on pork scratchings next? And pub parrots, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Is the meeting well advertised. If it was its better to stay in in case the burglars see it as an opportunity.
                    Only to the people on the list this time

Funnily enough, they were talking about advertising the next meeting more widely. As the group is named after the side road rather than my road, I'll be the only person at the meeting after that one with anything left

The BBC once made the mistake of showing episodes of Terry & June and Ever Decreasing Circles back-to-back in "an hour of comedy [repeats] on BBC1" that had the identical plot of a fake detective telling Terry/Martin that they had been selected to organise a new Neighbourhood Watch scheme, T/M getting all their neighbours to a meeting, and the detective and pals burgling all their houses during it

Must have been around 1988, as they first aired a few months apart in 1987. My then-GF and I agreed that the one with Richard Briers was better, but better still would have been not to show them one after the other. Looking on the TV database, I see they each happened to be episode four of their respective series, which is obviously why it happened

Comment

Anyway, the NW meeting wasn't too bad, in that very few people turned up - various people are on holiday or sick, the local councillor and street warden had another meeting, and the local bobby is tangled up with paperwork having arrested three people around teatime. So we got through all the business in an hour, rather than two-and-a-half it usually takes. I think getting more people to attend would be a terrible mistake

Comment

Working...
                      X