• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    R4 turned off after the news because I don't the "comedy" that's on.

Being an I find much of the so called "comedy" on R4 these days is not to my taste.

But then again, I've never liked "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" since it started.
    I dislike the fact that R4 seems to have a list of about half a dozen "comedians" who turn up on every panel show in rotation. Most of them are smug winkers who are variations on the same theme.

And then they'll have some up and coming "talent" who will be plugged mercilessly for months only to vanish without a trace.

Comment

Evening all.

WFH tomorrow. But got a bit of work to do tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Flying visit while I decide on what contract to take.

The public sector one for a council's education department doesn't look as good as it did last Thursday
        Evening

Comment

I'm mucking about getting my web site mirrored on my new(ish) iMac so I can work on a new theme, which led me down the rabbit hole of upgrading WordPress on the actual site, and so forth.

Having installed MySQL and got that set up, and edited Apache config files with vi, and all the other wretchedness that comes with these matters, I finally got it all sorted out. Then I noticed the local version was telling me there was a WordPress update available.

"Odd," I thought, then realised - I was using the backup I'd taken before doing the upgrade on the remote site.

No problem; off I go to Transmit (the killer FTP app for Mac) and tell it to update my local version from the remote one.

Now, I run a WordPress backup thingy, which creates pretty huge (~500MB) files, saved to a hidden folder on the webserver. And I happened to have it set to save the last fifteen backups, too. And, seeing these in my local copy, I'd deleted them, because I had no use for them.

And of course Transmit found them, thought "Ooh, I don't see them anywhere on this end" - and is now downloading them all again

Even with fast broadband, it's taking a little while

Comment

I may go for a Chinese while this stuff is happening

Comment

Well it sounds as if it wasn't the parrot calling people w*nkpuffin whilst my back was turned. g

Evening all mind how you go

Comment

Why does every meet up I go to have to have at least one talk on the same two subject areas?

Night.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all about to start another day of meetings
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Glad to see someone else is up!
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...