• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got into work I finally got fed up of my front light moving all the time. I ripped it off and re-secured it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      When I got into work I finally got fed up of my front light moving all the time. I ripped it off and re-secured it properly.
      Then I had a chat with the guy who empties the bins. Nice to chat to a real person.

He is going to church tomorrow. His children are playing musical instruments.

I expressed amazement that they did not have their head buried in a computer.

Comment

Porridge eaten. I think I need a second cup of tea though.

Comment

Tired due to interrupted sleep.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There was sommat howling away in the garden last night at about 02:50ish.

Probly a fox.

Looked out of the window & it was clear as a bell with the stars shining brightly.

Then I went back to bed after a comfort break.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny but also cloudy out

There are tree surgeons at work a couple of doors down. I hope they're just pruning or pollarding or whatever, not removing the trees altogether. There's been quite enough tree murder round here over the past year

The trees they're working on currently block my view of the Sainsbury's Local. To be honest, I don't actually want an improved view of it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                There was sommat howling away in the garden last night at about 02:50ish.

Probly a fox.

Looked out of the window & it was clear as a bell with the stars shining brightly.

Then I went back to bed after a comfort break.
                I always feel sorry for the male fox. If you want sex you have to get caught up for 30 minutes afterwards. When all you want is a cigarette and a sleep. Not nice.

Comment

If today is quiet, I shall spend my time thinking up amusing ways of killing people who move while looking at mobile phones. Inconsiderate morons.

Death is too nice for them. It needs to be something way more painful.

Comment

According to the tree-related planning application, they're being pollarded back to their previous pollard head, not removed

It means they'll look a bit manky for a year or two, but they've grown back before.

Strangely, most of the trees along here are covered by a Tree Preservation Order, but not the three they're working on. This is believed to be because they'd just been pollarded back when the TPO was granted back in 1985, so they didn't look very impressive at the time. Seems like a weird reason not to include them, though as this is a conservation area, planning permission is needed to work on them anyway, so it seems like it doesn't make a huge amount of difference

Comment

Morning all

Lovely and sunny today. Hopefully a good start to the weekend.

TFIF!

Comment

Working...
                      X