• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Relaxed start to the day in preparation for a trip to the National Winter Ale Festival
    Our local one was weeks ago.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and soggy here

Bit warmer than it's been, though

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Relaxed start to the day in preparation for a trip to the National Winter Ale Festival
          Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Well least there was someone who enjoyed reading it.

I'm down to one local free newspaper and when it came through the door today it was 8 sheets thick.

When the other local newspaper got that thin it died after 6 months.
            The loss of advertising really hits free papers, given that their entire business model is dependent on it

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Looks like it goes into the middle without any contact. There's a picture of 4 UK plugs in there. Good idea
              So it seems. I was vaguely wondering if there was anything hidden in the middle with which it makes contact, but I suspect it's just unearthed. Then again, it's probably only meant to be used for things like laptops and phone chargers; it's not intended to run a hairdryer and a three-bar electric fire at the same time. Very handy for travelling contractors, in that case

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                We ended up having to rewire the cloggy house that we bought as the previous owners had neglected to put earth wiring in when they rewired the house.

One way of saving on materials, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

One way of saving on materials, I suppose
                  These people made normal cloggy people seem like spendthrifts. Some of the shelving left behind turned out to be second hand ikea

Needless to say I wasn't happy with having to blow my budget for two new bathrooms on rewiring the house.

When the sparky came round he pointed out that some of the wiring in the light switches had started to burn and we were only a couple of months away from a house fire.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

Grey and soggy here

Bit warmer than it's been, though
                    Peeing it down here today.

Was going to cycle to the shops, have changed my mind, am staying in

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's World Pangolin Day!

Comment

Working...
                      X