• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There's an American woman who's visiting England soon, and is worried that if she needs to ask a stranger for directions she'll just be told to **** off because she's an American tourist
    She should ask a policeman.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      She should ask a policeman.
      Lol, just read the thread. Exactly the advice she was given

Comment

I like this one:

what is the difference between arse and ass?

- An arse is your butt and an ass is a donkey.

- Our arse is your fanny. Our fanny is your ****. Our **** is our Prime Minister and he's a total ass. Hope that clears it up

Comment

Blue, brown, green-and-yellow has been the standard for many decades
          Indeed - I remember it as blue - left; brown - right.

Comment

Indeed - I remember it as blue - left; brown - right.
            I always remembered it as "Blue is the colour of an electrical spark, so they wouldn't make that live would they, no, that's far too bloody obvious, so that must be neutral; while brown is universally regarded as a neutral shade, so of course that's live."

Comment

Lol, just read the thread. Exactly the advice she was given
              Correct advice - see, she needn't have worried

I once got asked for directions to Piccadilly Circus by an American tourist, at the junction of Long Acre and St. Martin's Lane. Far from being annoyed, I was really pleased, because it was one of the few places I knew the way to from there.

Then I mentioned that he'd be crossing the north side of Leicester Square on the way, and he was really pleased, because he wanted to go there too but hadn't realised how close together all these places were.

So everybody was pleased. A good day for UK-US relations

Comment

The local paper got me that way around 1990. But I lived in a flat and the neighbours kept on nicking it when it came through the front door
                Well least there was someone who enjoyed reading it.

I'm down to one local free newspaper and when it came through the door today it was 8 sheets thick.

When the other local newspaper got that thin it died after 6 months.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Relaxed start to the day in preparation for a trip to the National Winter Ale Festival
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'll be interested to see if it makes any contact at all once it arrives.
                    Looks like it goes into the middle without any contact. There's a picture of 4 UK plugs in there. Good idea

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Our cousins across the pond in SepticLand have a rather relaxed attitude to earthing grounding stuff.

Even stooping to cutting the ground pin off if it prevents you putting the plug into a non grounded socket.
                      We ended up having to rewire the cloggy house that we bought as the previous owners had neglected to put earth wiring in when they rewired the house.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X