• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried now.

Just went to make a pot of tea.

Warmed pot.

Then proceeded to pour milk into teapot.

I think I'm losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      While shopping, I learned that Sainsbury's self-service checkouts won't process vouchers for more than 1,000 bonus Nectar points, and even the person tending the till to approve booze and enter unscannable vouchers can't override it. As I'd scanned two vouchers worth a total of 620 points, it balked at my 400-pointer valid on the purchase of £20's worth of wine, and I had to stop by the customer service desk on the way out and get them to do it. Ho hum

The error message was really unhelpful, too - something vague about "tender over limit". If it had been one of the Saturday job types manning the decks they'd probably have got confused and made up some gubbins to explain it away; they've pulled that crap on me before and lost me points, or even discounts. But luckily it was the guy who mans them most weekday afternoons, who's pretty smart and knows all the checkout's strange ways
      Never use the damn things, invention of the

They be possessed by evil spirits.

Haaar.

Comment

Once this cup of tea is finished, I shall be off to do the dishes.

Assuming I can remember how.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Worried now.

Warmed pot.

I think I'm losing it.
          I wouldn't worry. A while back I put sugar in the cafetière instead of the mug when making coffee. But it's hardly ever happened again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I wouldn't worry. A while back I put sugar in the cafetière instead of the mug when making coffee. But it's hardly ever happened again
            That's odd - I wouldn't have thought a mug would fit in a cafetière!

Comment

Worried now.

Warmed pot.

I think I'm losing it.

Comment

I think one of the more unpleasant methods of finding cat vomit is walking across a room in the dark without the light on in stockinged feet.

The squelch & wetness is a dead giveaway.

teach you not to wear the stockings & suspenders outside the bedroom.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  What the GAL sez.

Didn't cycle in because, in the final analysis, i CBFA. Maybe tomorrow eh?
                  woke up at 8am, maybe working through the night Monday was a bad idea
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                      X