• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping arrived and most of it has been put away. Lunch has been taken.

Comment

The end of the billing week is approaching
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well there we are then.

The rules state that we can't have shelves attached to the walls any more*, so I've just constructed the most awful set of self supporting ones out of bits of scrap timber & such like.

Much uglier than the proper ones would have been, but there you fecking go.

*some idiot tried climbing some & the insurance company weren't pleased apparently.

Comment

Roast beef butty for lunch. Soon I shall venture outside to see if the bins have been emptied and, if so, attempt to capture one of the recycling ones for our back yard.

Comment

The Mail have yet another story about my road, this time digging up a few old photos to supposedly show how much it's changed.

One is of the second-hand bookshop, which is still owned by the same Canadian couple as it was when photographed, who featured in the original story.

One is of a cinema, now gone, stated as being near a certain side street - it was actually a fair way down on the other side of the road.

And one caption on a photo from the Fifties says the road used to be "more residential". That part of the road is a mile or more out from where the shops are, and all the houses seen in the photo are still there.

And the reader comments are still saying what a good thing our present cultural diversity is

Comment

I actually have an interview for a contract next week. It's a far way below what I'd normally consider but local - and it's a way back into contracting.

Woohoo!

Now just waiting on a second pimp getting me feedback this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                I actually have an interview for a contract next week. It's a far way below what I'd normally consider but local - and it's a way back into contracting.

Woohoo!

Now just waiting on a second pimp getting me feedback this afternoon.
                Good luck!

Comment

Nearly time to go home.

Comment

Just been shopping again. This was mainly for things I don't buy often and had therefore forgotten on at least three previous occasions, but which are now definitely running low: things like salt, vinegar, soy sauce, and so on.

I daresay I'll soon remember a few more that I should have got

Comment

I tend to buy the same stuff several times.

Then wonder why the cupboards are stuffed full of salt.

Though ZeitMater seems to have purchased enough salt to see me out, there being about 5 kg or so.

I may have to bake a cake to get rid of some of the selfraising flour, of which there is much.

Byeeee

I'm quite proud of my new shelves.

They're full already.

Maybe I need another shelf.

Comment

Working...
                      X