• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    In Spanish the words for handcuffs and wives are the same.
    In Dutch the word for toilet seat is the same as for glasses. (Don't ask, they have a lot more odd ones than that).
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In Afrikaans the word for box is the same as tw4t
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

On CUK, the word for tulip is the same as Tulip
        Join IPSE

Comment

Just got a Django backend for an autocomplete widget working

It may not sound like much, but I also had to work out how to do data migrations so I could prepopulate the DB with a list of names, so I had something to work with; and the documentation for the autocomplete library (module?) is, in the great spirit of open source software, unclear and unreliable.

I thought returning the wrong thing from the example function that actually does the work was a particularly clever touch - it's supposed to return the queryset containing the values that match the input, which is called qs; instead, it returns the input, which is called q

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Comment

Morning

It's warm outside for February.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

TFIF! That is all.

Comment

Morning all

It is morning, isn't it?:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just got a Django backend for an autocomplete widget working

It may not sound like much, but I also had to work out how to do data migrations so I could prepopulate the DB with a list of names, so I had something to work with; and the documentation for the autocomplete library (module?) is, in the great spirit of open source software, unclear and unreliable.

I thought returning the wrong thing from the example function that actually does the work was a particularly clever touch - it's supposed to return the queryset containing the values that match the input, which is called qs; instead, it returns the input, which is called q
                      Did I write that? Sounds like my sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X