• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Jaguar XF
    Last time I looked at insuring an XK8, they wanted £450.

Which wasn't that much different from insuring my 1300cc Toyota Corolla automatic.

Comment

You killed the Mondeo then?
      Not yet, but it's going to hit 100k this week and is getting tatty. Will depend on the next gig really. If I get another extension on this one in March (and take, which isn't guaranteed) then I'll keep the Mondeo and just run it until I do get another gig. If I get a new gig closer to home or that I can get to by train, I'll be looking to replace it then.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Had meeting with other department about the project they want to do.

Tiny little snag, they have no budget for a resource and had assumed I was internal

Back to the drawing board
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Not yet, but it's going to hit 100k this week and is getting tatty. Will depend on the next gig really. If I get another extension on this one in March (and take, which isn't guaranteed) then I'll keep the Mondeo and just run it until I do get another gig. If I get a new gig closer to home or that I can get to by train, I'll be looking to replace it then.
          I am in the same boat, doing 2000 miles a month at the moment and the Toyota is still bullet proof, but just hit 159k so fearing it will go bang very soon
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Tiny little snag, they have no budget for a resource and had assumed I was internal

Shoot!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I am in the same boat, doing 2000 miles a month at the moment and the Toyota is still bullet proof, but just hit 159k so fearing it will go bang very soon
              The flywheel issue has just cost me the thick end of a grand to fix, but that got it a new clutch, starter motor and slave cylinder as well, so it's probably good for another 100k on those bits. Everything else is still solid, it's just getting tired and tatty and the seats aren't as comfy as they used to be on long trips.

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

C'est la vie

Comment

Comment

They've come back from lunch.

And so has the muppetry.

Comment

Working...
                      X