• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I assume it's not your iCloud account unless you've paid for extra storage.

My only problem with Mail.app is that it created a ******* huge log file but cleared it down and it was fine
    No, I'm old-fashioned and keep my email here at home

I can't see any big Mail.app log files in Console, so I assume that isn't a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      No, I'm old-fashioned and keep my email here at home

I can't see any big Mail.app log files in Console, so I assume that isn't a problem for me.
      I had this

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just had a look, and I've only got around 17MB of stuff in that folder

Comment

Teeming down now, but I'm at the Chinese

Comment

Teeming down now, but I'm at the Chinese
            And dinner is served

Comment

I've decided to go for a Chinese, once I've finished ripping and converting season 5 of Frasier into iTunes, after which I shall have a beer or more
              Have a look at an app called iFlicks2, love it and works a treat adding everything to my iTunes
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

On the subject of school websites, you might find this of interest: https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2016/01/a-school-for-scandal/
                Thanks

I mentioned it at the finance committee last night, and showed the acting head a quick demo of what Wordpress could do.

I'm not that fussed about doing the work - if they want me to do it, then I can do it was my point - but whatever she decides, I've also offered to review any of the quotes / details because no-one at school has any technical experience to know what they are being told. For example, I had to explain what they meant when they talked about hosting the site - "is it like in the iCloud?"
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Have a look at an app called iFlicks2, love it and works a treat adding everything to my iTunes
                  Yes, I use that for getting the metadata and adding the files. The main stumbling block I have with DVD rips is the subtitles: because my hearing is pretty crap, and my tinnitus seems to be getting worse, I use the hard-of-hearing subtitles to avoid disturbing my neighbours at night, as I know both upstairs and downstairs sometimes have early starts, and although nobody's ever complained, I'd like to keep it that way.

The problem is that DVD subtitles are bitmaps, while iTunes only works with text subtitles. So I have an additional step of running the ripped files through an open source program called Subler. That takes the bitmapped subtitles in the files ripped with Handbrake and runs them through OCR to convert them to strings and add them back to the files, after which they're ready to be run through iFlicks2

Comment

it looks like a runny parkrun this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

On the sunny side out there today

Got to get ready for the imminent arrival of the new mattress!

Comment

Working...
                      X