• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice and timesheets sent over to agency

Comment

I can hear someone cutting their grass - its a bit windy but it has given me an idea of what to do at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I can hear someone cutting their grass - its a bit windy but it has given me an idea of what to do at lunch
        Or I could have a sarnie and watch the box for 30 mins

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Invoice and timesheets sent over to agency
          Thanks for reminding me

Must do the same... direct to the client
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            How about forgetting the roux, steaming the cauli with garlic in milk, then drain/puree/add a bit of the liquor back in, sprinkle with cheese and fire it under the grill?
            Then there's no point in doing a how-to roux article is there?
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Finally got the pics from the competition I won last year. Still haven't got my prize yet, been nearly 3 months now
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Yes there is - give the punters two cauli cheese options. Bill them for both.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I am sure there is a post just on Roux, its the base for at least two "mother sauces"
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I am sure there is a post just on Roux, its the base for at least two "mother sauces"
                    Roux is the mother sauce, just as hollandaise and mayonnaise are as well. The sauces you make from them are called daughter sauces.

Had to learn every single one of them at Leiths. Comes in useful as you can knock up a sauce without having to look up the recipe.

Same goes for various types of pastry.
                    Last edited by norrahe; 29 January 2016, 11:12.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Stick a bit of smoked paprika & cayenne pepper
                      Small dollop of English mustard every time, and it makes it a nice yellow colour.

If you can't master the Basics then you are going to be forever copying someone's recipe.

Comment

Working...
                      X