• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It gets up to around 35 degrees during the day.
    Aside from sleeping, eating and sunbathing I hope to do small amounts of swimming and walking. And nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Aside from sleeping, eating and sunbathing I hope to do small amounts of swimming and walking. And nothing else.
      Apart from posting on CUK of course!

Comment

Afternoon all.

Almost time to start the leaky washing machine.

Sheets today, so should be finished by about 8 this evening.

Comment

I should probably be doing something. I've already decided I can get away without going shopping. I suppose I could do some laundry. That doesn't involve much effort.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Afternoon all.

Almost time to start the leaky washing machine.

Sheets today, so should be finished by about 8 this evening.
            With the ZeitLeakyWashingMachineScavengePump I hope

Comment

So far I've had a shower, shaved for the first time since Monday morning, had a couple of toasted teacakes, and taken a bag out to the recycling bin, where it's very cold. I think that's going to be the limit of today's achievements.

For a start, I'm half asleep after last night's (well, this morning's) sleep failure. But I daren't nap, as if I do, I'll wake up around midnight and finish up in the same situation tomorrow. Just have to stick it out and get an early night

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                With the ZeitLeakyWashingMachineScavengePump(tm) I hope
                FTFY. And yes. It's busy pumping away.

Comment

Currently on the 3rd load. g.

Only another 3 to go.

Or maybe 4.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Bit of a dilemma atm.

Contract up in a couple of weeks, manager wants me to stay on to run a new project. As such paperwork is not forthcoming. This is not an issue in itself, but the fact that I know that the project will be an unmitigated disaster as said manager will stick their oar in make changes and feck the whole thing up.
                    They have no idea how projects run at all, no concept of how tulip should run and no matter what I'm going to do to structure this they will wade in and cock it all up.

I don't think I can stay on at all.
                    Hmmm, you had a lot of trouble landing a gig in cloggers - are you sure you're ready to go through all that again?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Hmmm, you had a lot of trouble landing a gig in cloggers - are you sure you're ready to go through all that again?
                      WMSS. May be better to put up with it for now?

Comment

Working...
                      X