• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 21:13.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Full on sunny here, won't know if it's chilly for a couple of hours as I'll be heading out in a bit.
      I can get a reasonable idea of how chilly it is outside just by getting out of bed, because the upper sash was open about an inch when the imbecile who repainted the window frames some years ago didn't bother ensuring the sashes could still move once the paint dried

I like having the fresh air, but it does get a little bracing at times

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 21:14.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 August 2016, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                No one lived in ZeitTowers in 1901 according to the census.

Mostly coz it hadn't been built at the time.

I know who lived in Fox Towers in 1911 (and how their son died in WWI), but I'd like to know who lived there in 1858 when the upstairs was built.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I know who lived in Fox Towers in 1911 (and how their son died in WWI), but I'd like to know who lived there in 1858 when the upstairs was built.

Neither Norrtowers cloggers and blighty existed in 1901. I think the Norrparents house was built somewhere around the early 1800s and it belonged to the Norrgreatgrandparents
                  Last edited by norrahe; 8 January 2016, 13:20.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

No one lived in ZeitTowers in 1901 according to the census.

Mostly coz it hadn't been built at the time.
                    This place was also here for the 1891 census, but the only people in the house on the relevant night were the servant (18), and her sister (16) who was visiting.

I like to imagine the family were away on holiday and she got her sister round so they could sit in the drawing room, necking gin and smoking Master's cigars

None of the houses were here in 1881.

Comment

asdfasdfsdf
                      century om

Comment

Working...
                      X